If We Are In The Playoff Push, What Is Your Philosophy On Lazar In WJC?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Hey guys,

I know the season is early, but it is still worth discussing, how would you feel is we allowed Lazar into the WJC?

Personally im all for it as international events are for such a short period and the ice time he would be granted would be so valuable. We have other guys who can take his spot (ala Puempel), that is not the worst thing in the world to support Hockey Canada for a bit.

Alternative opinions anyone?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Hey guys,

I know the season is early, but it is still worth discussing, how would you feel is we allowed Lazar into the WJC?

Personally im all for it as international events are for such a short period and the ice time he would be granted would be so valuable. We have other guys who can take his spot (ala Puempel), that is not the worst thing in the world to support Hockey Canada for a bit.

Alternative opinions anyone?

If we're winning with him in the lineup and he's playing 13-15min a night regularly? Absolutely not.
If he's a regular healthy scratch, then maybe.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
If we're winning with him in the lineup and he's playing 13-15min a night regularly? Absolutely not.
If he's a regular healthy scratch, then maybe.

Ehhh, players should play in WJC. Someone else can fill his 13-15 for two weeks

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
If we have first handful of games Lazar let him go to WJC, if we have Colorado Lazar keep him. If he's heavily contributing to winning then playoffs are more important than him at the world juniors.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ehhh, players should play in WJC. Someone else can fill his 13-15 for two weeks

And what if he gets hurt playing over there? Who fills in for the rest of the season?
Playoffs far more important than WJC.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'd rather not have him get injured in games that are pointless from a Sens POV. Is there even a developmental benefit of him playing the WJC?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
And what if he gets hurt playing over there? Who fills in for the rest of the season?
Playoffs far more important than WJC.

We have depth. Injuries can happen regardless so it makes no difference. Put Lazar in a big game situation(this is the last year he is eligible), lets not be so finicky about our team that we believe the ship sinks if he is gone for two weeks.
This could do a world of good for Lazars confidence, and aids in his long term development process. We could have a guy that wins on all levels. and that experience will; be more important come playoff time than his NHL experience.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I'd rather not have him get injured in games that are pointless from a Sens POV. Is there even a developmental benefit of him playing the WJC?

IMO, closest way to simulate playoff experience without going to the playoffs. And developmental wise is that he will probably realize in December that he may not excel as much as he wants to, but this could be a reminder that he is dominant amongst his peer group and a threat moving foward

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
If we have first handful of games Lazar let him go to WJC, if we have Colorado Lazar keep him. If he's heavily contributing to winning then playoffs are more important than him at the world juniors.

Probably faulty to think we got a different player out him in those games. Lineups were much different in ability. Lazars been clearly better consistently then the rest of the bottom 6.

I doubt they do it, but i wouldn't mind for entertainments sake. Apparently team canada is pushing for him hard.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Probably faulty to think we got a different player out him in those games. Lineups were much different in ability. Lazars been clearly better consistently then the rest of the bottom 6.

I doubt they do it, but i wouldn't mind for entertainments sake. Apparently team canada is pushing for him hard.

Ya you're probaby right, what I really mean is keep him if he has an obvious impact on the team.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

That's hard to say. You could say there's a benefit from vein the guy, he'd be the C, he'd be a focus. And there's a potential to build some confidence and bring t back to the NHL.

But really, "development" is a process that occurs over time and a lengthy career will be minimally changed by a decision that impacts 2 weeks of his life.

My guess is by December the Sens won't b able to let Lazar go and not feel like they've compromised the roster.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
IMO, closest way to simulate playoff experience without going to the playoffs. And developmental wise is that he will probably realize in December that he may not excel as much as he wants to, but this could be a reminder that he is dominant amongst his peer group and a threat moving foward

Wait, what? How is a junior tournament playing against players under 20 anything at all like the nhl playoffs?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If he's good enough to be playing in the NHL then he should stay in the NHL

We're going to need every little bit to make the playoffs and we are going to make them

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
If he's good enough to be playing in the NHL then he should stay in the NHL

We're going to need every little bit to make the playoffs and we are going to make them

That is such a loser mentality. I hope this team has the mindset that regardless of who is out, that they are good enough to compete regardless of the night

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Or, you know, competing in actual NHL games against the best competition in the world.

You know he has a career to do that. How about introducing him to highstakes competition in the hopes of winning a championship title:yo:

A two week stretch of NHL hockey will be a blip on the radar for Lazar when it is all said and done. A pursuit of a championship is invaluable.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That is such a loser mentality. I hope this team has the mindset that regardless of who is out, that they are good enough to compete regardless of the night

Competing isn't good enough on it's own

If we want to make the playoffs competing isn't the objective; winning games is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad