Speculation: If Toronto misses the playoffs again... Will NONIS be Fired?

Mar 26, 2010
The fact that the Leafs have not made the post season in nearly a decade (not counting the short half season, because that does NOT count), Do you think Nonis will finally be removed of his duties?

His terrible contracts and failure to sign anyone relevant is really getting old fast. He has given out 2 of the very worst contracts currently in the NHL right now. It is very evident that no one wants to come and play in Toronto as well. The Big "culture change" that was promised to come after last years failure, never happened. I mean... what next??? Running out of excuses.

So, IF the Leafs do flop yet again this upcoming season does Nonis get served his walking papers?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I'd like to think Shanahan has the balls to do it, but Nonis may pull out the firing coach card first.

The Great Gazoo

Hello, dum dum
May 2, 2014
Isle of Van
Hard to say. Perhaps Shanahan still wants to do more evaluation before he makes big decisions like the GM and coaching, and moving core pieces? He may have specific people in mind. Perhaps people who are currently under contract with another organization? I think Shanahan knows this is probably about the best year possible to burn, if he's going to burn a year. Things go south this season and he has a high first round pick in one of the best crops of kids to come along in years. And he can make the change without much questioning of it. It's really a no lose situation for Shanahan, at this point. Win, and keeping Nonis was the right decision. Lose, and he can chalk it up to further evaluation, and he still gets the benefit of the doubt, and his own people. So ya, I'd say yes, if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs, good chance more changes are made, including the GM, and coach.

TheThrill81*

Terrible results and garbage leadership is getting old real fast...

Armchair GMs pretending to know what goes on in the dressing room is getting old real fast.

On another note, I say Carlyle gets fired before Nonis does.

Disgruntled Observer*

Terrible posts and constant negativity are getting old fast...

If you always criticize a good team, that's negativity.
If you always applaud a terrible team, that's delusion.
If you acknowledge a terrible team, but are still hopeful, that's positivity.
If you always criticize a terrible team, that's objectivity.

I think Nonis should be fired if we don't make the playoffs.
Especially if he really did have a lot of say in things when Burke was GM.

Disgruntled Observer*

Armchair GMs pretending to know what goes on in the dressing room is getting old real fast.

On another note, I say Carlyle gets fired before Nonis does.

What's getting BY FAR the oldest faster than anything else is the constant and relentless defense of MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Carlyle is getting canned first. Nonis still has sometime and Carlyle is not even his chosen coach.

Mar 26, 2010
What's getting BY FAR the oldest faster than anything else is the constant and relentless defense of MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!

YES, THANK YOU!

I'm so ****ing tired of these Excuse makers that are content with failure. Open your eyes, it's time to make a HUGE change in the pathetic poor excuse for leadership.

Bill Waters*

Jul 19, 2013
Orillia, Ontario
If you always criticize a good team, that's negativity.
If you always applaud a terrible team, that's delusion.
If you acknowledge a terrible team, but are still hopeful, that's positivity.
If you always criticize a terrible team, that's objectivity.

I think Nonis should be fired if we don't make the playoffs.
Especially if he really did have a lot of say in things when Burke was GM.

You must be a poet. There is a tear in my eye.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
He certainly should be fired if we missed. He tied his wagon to Carlyle so if they miss both should hit the road.

Though I doubt he will be fired since we have Shanahan running the show here.

Leafspoison*

Carlyle will go first. As a matter of fact, Carlyle won't see 15 games if he is under 500 in the first 15.

If the leafs miss the playoffs again, Nonis WILL be fired.

puppet.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Leafs won't miss the playoffs.
although it good to hope, one must be grounded in reality, this team will struggle to not finish near the bottom of the east as the roster stands now. Florida, Buffalo, Washington, hell the NY Islanders have all made significant improvements to their teams. Leafs have improved thus far, but there's much to do before this team is a playoff contender.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
All the people saying the leafs are terrible and will 100% miss and blah blah, they should all be banned from the playoff GDT next season. At least say they don't think they'll make it but would like it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Current situation.

Shanahan's Team & Burke's GM and Coach

Inevitable Situation

Shanahan's Team & Shanahan's GM & Coach

Missing Unknown Component

Time ???

Ad

Upcoming events