If therrien is fired, what coaches are out there to replace him?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
In my opinion Therrien was never going to be the "real" coach, if you catch my drift. MG hired him in a difficult rebuild time and it was to give the team a work ethic to mold some of the young guys into NHL players. The "tough love" candidate. It's no coincidence how the kids line have had so much ice time this year.

We're still going to be plagued with him for some time. And then we'll get the championship coach when it's all said and done.

Macbeth

Mar 12, 2008
Petite-Patrie, Qc
In my opinion Therrien was never going to be the "real" coach, if you catch my drift. MG hired him in a difficult rebuild time and it was to give the team a work ethic to mold some of the young guys into NHL players. The "tough love" candidate. It's no coincidence how the kids line have had so much ice time this year.

We're still going to be plagued with him for some time. And then we'll get the championship coach when it's all said and done.

Finally, someone who doesn't speak french !

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
GsAEF.gif

that's adorable. i nominate her for coach

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I don't think Bergevin would hesitate much before firing Therrien, as I don't think he likes him that much.

I say that because when Bergevin hired Therrien, he did something I never saw before: he didn't let Therrien chose his own assistants. That doesn't look like 100% confidence to me.

Knowing that, my guess is if Therrien is fired, it's Gallant who would take the job.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
I remember back in the 90's when Felipe Alou was the Expos' manager. Nobody complained about him not speaking french. In fact, he was one of the most popular sports personnality in the whole province of Quebec.. I don't understand why it has to be different when it comes to the Habs.. this is ****ing annoying..

Last edited:

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto

Then why not have Beaulieu and Tinordi in the line up? I mean, if you know you're probably going to miss the playoffs and your goal is to rebuild and mold the young guys. If this is the real goal here, play Galchenyuk center even if the team would score a few more goals in the short term having him play winger. Don't play Bournival 7 minutes per game when he's doing way better than other veterans. Get Bouillon out and replace with Tinordi. Etc...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Then why not have Beaulieu and Tinordi in the line up? I mean, if you know you're probably going to miss the playoffs and your goal is to rebuild and mold the young guys. If this is the real goal here, play Galchenyuk center even if the team would score a few more goals in the short term having him play winger. Don't play Bournival 7 minutes per game when he's doing way better than other veterans. Get Bouillon out and replace with Tinordi. Etc...

Yea I agree. But here's what I believe: the mission started as a rebuilding thing then when they overachieved last year, the GM and coach sort of the lost sight of the ball. At the same time I think they probably don't want to burn the kids out a la Edmonton.

Karavos

Nov 26, 2009
Charlie Huddy........

I kid, I kid. I just want to BEST AVAILABLE COACH, not the best available French speaking coach. Jesus, hire a damn translator if you have to, but get the best coach out there.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Would you guys do such a strange trade?:

1st round draft pick + the prospect of their choice not in Montreal
for
Mike Babcock

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
As long as these special little conditions matter, we won't be winning the cup.

Willing to bet money on it.

So we will never win a cup again as these special little conditions are not going away anytime soon..... Want to go cheer for someone else? Be my guest !!!

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
I remember back in the 90's when Felipe Alou was the Expos' manager. Nobody complained about him not speaking french. In fact, he was one of the most popular sports personnality in the whole province of Quebec.. I don't understand why it has to be different when it comes to the Habs.. this is ****ing annoying..

Because there was really 200 000 real baseball fans in the province of Québec, and a lot of them anglos

there are way much more hockey fans in this province and a vast majority are french...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Would you guys do such a strange trade?:

1st round draft pick + the prospect of their choice not in Montreal
for
Mike Babcock

I think it's illegal now.
Besides, there has been one precedent of that strange trade occuring.

If the past is like the future...

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I think it's illegal now.
Besides, there has been one precedent of that strange trade occuring.

If the past is like the future...

Oh I know, it was just a question in plain fun. It may very well be illegal, I don't know.

That said, if it would still be legal, as a GM, I would give a call to Holland.

The Red Wings are on the downside of their many years of success. Their best players are getting old, and there isn't much coming up in terms of Elite prospects. And having witness Holland worked, I'm pretty sure he allready knows 1 or 2 coaches ready for the NHL. So it could be tempting for him to add draft choices and good prospects for a good coach.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Was there even a french speaking coach option in MLB ? Two very different situations...

Communicating in french is and will be one of the many criterias to hire a coach for the habs, people should stop whining about it and live with it, because it ain't gonna change.

Therrien will at least finish the season... after that, we'll see. While I don't see this team being a contender, they are surely much better than what we are seeing right now and Therrien awfull coaching is surely part of the reason why... ffs Bouillon, Desharnais, White and Bourque ???

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Question....

If, for whatever reason, Claude Julien gets fired (and we know this is certainly a possibility) -- would you hire him?

No.

And please, im so tired of these rince and repeat. It didnt work with a coach player once, why try again. The Bouillon and Therrien experiment must end .

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
I'm actually starting to wonder if Geoff Molson purposely put a bunch of inept morons in Bergevin and Therrien in place so they could completely **** up and he could gain public support to abolish the "everyone must be french" rule.

I kinda tough the same thing. French is my primary language, and i dont understand people and media saying " it must be french" to win. Red Wings got a winning formula with europeen players for more than a decade, so language is not the problem, its the talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad