Speculation: If the Coyotes continue to fall, will Hall be Traded again?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yotes fall has nothing to do with the Hall more, but more the fact that they vezna performance from there goalie was having them steal games and he has been out since the start of December.

That being said, he would look good in a Bruins a uniform - but that is a pipe dream, not a reality.
It likely is a pipe dream, but one of the few situations I'd throw the Bruins 1st into for a probable rental.

Bruins 2020 1st; conditional Boston 2021 2nd based on performance or re-sign, NHL ready winger (looking at Bjork or Heinen); Backes (50% retention) for Hall.

Flame away.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yotes fall has nothing to do with the Hall more, but more the fact that they vezna performance from there goalie was having them steal games and he has been out since the start of December.

That being said, he would look good in a Bruins a uniform - but that is a pipe dream, not a reality.
Would Krug work FA deal

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Has a star player ever been traded twice during a season? Or any player?

Vanek was mentioned, although I suppose it could be argued whether he was truly a star player at that point.

I'm sure there are other examples, but I always chuckle about Esa Tikkanen's brief tenure with the Devils. New Jersey acquired him from St. Louis for a 3rd round pick on November 1st, 1995 presumably to fill the pest void created by dealing Claude Lemieux. The Devils promptly traded him on November 23rd to Vancouver for a 2nd round pick.

s-l300.jpg

Tikkanen lasted about three weeks and nine games which made me laugh when I'd pull a Tikkanen Devils hockey card from packs when I was a kid.

Edit: Another couple random names that popped up in my head: Dmitry Yushkevich and Dan McGillis. Traded from Florida to LA in November 2002, then from LA to Philly at the deadline in March 2003. Similarly Dan McGillis was acquired by San Jose in December 2002 the traded at the deadline a few months later.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Not sure why Hall would be traded when you have 3 teams not doing anything in the pacific. All Arizona has to do is fight out 2 other teams down the stretch for a playoff spot in the division. And there’s also wild card as well.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Obviously the tailspin down the standings is directly correlated to the injury to Kuemper.

But if you guys are sitting on the outside before Feb 24th, will Hall be shipped out to recoup some value?

Is this at all a possibility?

Coyotes' trade for Taylor Hall a cautionary tale with deadline on horizon - Sportsnet.ca
I think his best offer will be from Arizona and maybe islanders....outside of that I think he'll be disappointed....hope what Devils got will return rewards... but hate to say it I was big time relieved they didn't sign him to a long term contract.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Vanek was mentioned, although I suppose it could be argued whether he was truly a star player at that point.

I'm sure there are other examples, but I always chuckle about Esa Tikkanen's brief tenure with the Devils. New Jersey acquired him from St. Louis for a 3rd round pick on November 1st, 1995 presumably to fill the pest void created by dealing Claude Lemieux. The Devils promptly traded him on November 23rd to Vancouver for a 2nd round pick.

s-l300.jpg

Tikkanen lasted about three weeks and nine games which made me laugh when I'd pull a Tikkanen Devils hockey card from packs when I was a kid.
Vanek would certainly qualify as a star player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
A lot is unknown here.
does TH have a preference for a team, conference, east or west coast or interior?

A suitor will pony up enough $ for him wherever he goes.
So ? here is where is he most comfortable, taking into account location, teammates, Cup shot, etc...

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think that they will, no. It's too much of an admission of failure by Chayka. Arizona is still likely to make the playoffs IMO.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Pretty sure he ends up back in Edmonton in the off season.

RNH McDavid Kassian
Hall Draisaitl Yamamoto

We can use assets to dump Russell. Manning and Gagner walk and maybe we move Chiasson. Re-up Nurse and open a spot or two for kids from the farm.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Not sure what the Coyotes were thinking really.

Why would Hall sign early and not test free agency?
Why would a team add an unsigned UFA for futures when they clearly aren't a contender?

Owners may have put pressure on the GM to make the playoffs. Chayka's job was probably on the line and like it or not - job security is a higher priority than the team's future to most people.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Yotes need a netminder, not trade Hall. What do the Yotes have as assets that they can use to acquire a 900 stopgap?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The problem is, even if they fall out of the playoffs by the deadline, I don't think that they will fall far enough back to waive a white flag and make themselves look bad for the deal. My guess is that they ride it out with him the rest of the year.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Arizona will hold on to the first overall pick in the draft if they are out of it by the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad