Speculation: If the Coyotes continue to fall, will Hall be Traded again?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Is he planning on re-signing? they have to know by now or have an idea if he will consider re-signing. if he is / will - you keep him

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Coyotes are not playing well right now. Losing face by having to trade Hall would be awful, but not as awful as going into the draft without a 1st. I'd imagine they try to recoup their first if things don't improve. The team is 2-5-3 through the last 10.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The Coyotes are not playing well right now. Losing face by having to trade Hall would be awful, but not as awful as going into the draft without a 1st. I'd imagine they try to recoup their first if things don't improve. The team is 2-5-3 through the last 10.
Considering the Hall affect on the Coyotes would any playoff team be willing to give up their first fir him?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Is he planning on re-signing? they have to know by now or have an idea if he will consider re-signing. if he is / will - you keep him
Considering he wouldn't re-sign with the Devils due to not being in a playoff position, I don't imagine he'd be thrilled about signing a retirement contract on a team outside of the playoffs.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Ya I'd be inclined to quietly shop him and see if they can get back some of their cost in him. If someone is willing to pay a ransom and your out at the deadline by more then 4 points or so it's pretty much a done deal to move him.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Its a tough situation. Doesn't look good on the organization at all if they trade him so soon. But it will look waaay way worse if they lose him for nothing in the offseason.

They should prioritize re-signing him. They need to end the perpetual rebuild and let some kind of identity take form.

Reactions: GreatSaveLuongo

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

This is his first photo as a Coyote....you be the judge.
Taylor-960x540.jpg

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Its a tough situation. Doesn't look good on the organization at all if they trade him so soon. But it will look waaay way worse if they lose him for nothing in the offseason.

They should prioritize re-signing him. They need to end the perpetual rebuild and let some kind of identity take form.

I just don't see Hall re-signing, especially if the team misses the playoffs. If Hall wanted to stay on a struggling team, why didn't he just stay in new jersey? Hall also seems like he wants to weigh his options. I don't see him signing anywhere before free agency, unless he targets a team he really wants to play for.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Unless there is something he's loving about the lifestyle in sunny Arizona, I guess. It's probably "nicer" than New Jersey or most of the rest of the league just in terms of external surroundings. Depending on what you like. But the Cali teams aren't doing great either and the Florida teams are kinda already set? :dunno:

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty tough situation as he has played really well for them. You also don’t want to be in a situation where Hall has all the negotiation power, this could be another Skinner situation where the team feels compelled to keep him to save face and immediately ends up with an albatross. I can not see Hall staying unless the offer is huge which will become a bad decision quite quickly.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I just don't see Hall re-signing, especially if the team misses the playoffs. If Hall wanted to stay on a struggling team, why didn't he just stay in new jersey? Hall also seems like he wants to weigh his options. I don't see him signing anywhere before free agency, unless he targets a team he really wants to play for.
Oh I agree. I should have added at the end of my post that if I'm Hall there's no way I don't test FA this summer. I just think the Yotes should try to do all they can to keep him, though that seems unlikely.

Reactions: blankall

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Arizona hasn't been that bad. They've slipped in the standings, but their not out of the conversation. Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Vegas have all been on a tear of late.

No one should ever be untouchable, but I don't think these doom prophecies hold water when you look at a lot of the details of what's happened this season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Even if they made the playoffs, he likely goes to July and explores his options. Coyotes tried a Blue Jackets from last year but might miss the playoffs. Middle of the pack teams should never go all in on rentals like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad