Speculation: If the Coyotes continue to fall, will Hall be Traded again?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Its incredible how little elite talent this team has with being so bad for so long. Feel bad for the fans.

You're not kidding; their best 1st round pick never played for them (Black Wheeler). After that:

Scott Kelman (never played) and Kirill Safronov (played 35 games)

Fedrik Sjostrom, Ben Eager, Jakob Koreis (never played), Blake Wheeler (didn't play for them), Martin Hanzal (good defensive forward), Chris Summers, Peter Mueller (concussions), Kyle Turris (wasn't great), Viktor Tikhonov, Mikkel Boedker, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Mark Visentin, Brandom Gormley, Connor Murphy, Henrik Samuelsson, Max Domi, Brendan Perlini, Dylan Strome, Jakob Chychrun, Clayton Keller...

Keller looks promising, but damn:

Strome, Turris, Wheeler, Boedker, Mueller all top 10 picks and only Mueller scored more than 20 goals, and next is Boedker with 19 goals. That is some really poor drafting.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Edmonton fans...

giphy.gif

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Meh - the only way he gets traded is if the Coyotes fall so far out of the playoff picture (like losing their next 8 in a row), and Hall basically tells Chayka that he will not re-sign. Otherwise, I am not certain I get the idea of trading him. He has been the best player in Arizona (easily). If the idea is that he must be traded because he won't re-sign with Arizona - that still doesn't negate the playoffs as a possibility. The Coyotes could trade him and still make the playoffs, which makes a weird spin, because Hall was looking for a team that is a playoff-caliber team to re-sign with.

It just makes such little sense to do...

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Kuemper is a good goalie, but its not like he's Dryden. Did it effect the Yotes? Sure, but lets not pretend that Kuemper is an elite goalie or anything.

Yotes are badly in need of some REAL centers. I know Dvorak is only 24, but that guy's game just isn't suited for playing with Hall or Kessel. He's more of a decent 2c and a killer 3c. And then that brings us to 6.5 million 21 point center Derek Stepan... yikes. :help:

Yeah, having a GAA that was under 2 right up until that Minnesota game where he got injured (brought him up to like a 2.10 GAA per game) doesn't do anything. Meantime, Columbus is getting back into the swing of things thanks to a GAA under 2 in their last 14 games.

Might want to think about what you are typing before hitting "Post Reply." If a goalie is less than 2.25 GAA per game, he is probably a big reason behind success...

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
If I’m a team I avoid Hall at all costs, dude has some weird magic curse on him that makes him destined to always be a loser.
Maybe the curse is lifted when he gets to choose where he wants to go

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
You're not kidding; their best 1st round pick never played for them (Black Wheeler). After that:

Scott Kelman (never played) and Kirill Safronov (played 35 games)

Fedrik Sjostrom, Ben Eager, Jakob Koreis (never played), Blake Wheeler (didn't play for them), Martin Hanzal (good defensive forward), Chris Summers, Peter Mueller (concussions), Kyle Turris (wasn't great), Viktor Tikhonov, Mikkel Boedker, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Mark Visentin, Brandom Gormley, Connor Murphy, Henrik Samuelsson, Max Domi, Brendan Perlini, Dylan Strome, Jakob Chychrun, Clayton Keller...

Keller looks promising, but damn:

Strome, Turris, Wheeler, Boedker, Mueller all top 10 picks and only Mueller scored more than 20 goals, and next is Boedker with 19 goals. That is some really poor drafting.

I'd put Chychrun well ahead of Keller personally.

Meh - the only way he gets traded is if the Coyotes fall so far out of the playoff picture (like losing their next 8 in a row), and Hall basically tells Chayka that he will not re-sign. Otherwise, I am not certain I get the idea of trading him. He has been the best player in Arizona (easily). If the idea is that he must be traded because he won't re-sign with Arizona - that still doesn't negate the playoffs as a possibility. The Coyotes could trade him and still make the playoffs, which makes a weird spin, because Hall was looking for a team that is a playoff-caliber team to re-sign with.

It just makes such little sense to do...

Maybe Hall should make a team into a playoff team instead of wanting to be paid neary $100 million to go along for a ride with one.

Last edited:

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Arizona traded for him to help the team make the playoffs even if they're out by the deadline they'll likely still be close in the hunt. So there's no way they trade him unless they go on an abhorrent losing streak

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Send him to Wash. See how far that team can drop in the standings. I like THall but his record is soooooo bad

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Chayka can actually come out on top of this with a bigger haul for Hall... and here's how... He can retain again on Hall and bring his contract down by half again for the final allowed retention on a contract.

Instantly that opens up so many contenders close to the cap in being able to afford him.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Chayka can actually come out on top of this with a bigger haul for Hall... and here's how... He can retain again on Hall and bring his contract down by half again for the final allowed retention on a contract.

Instantly that opens up so many contenders close to the cap in being able to afford him.
If they move him it means they are out of the POs. They are a lottery pick that is top 3 protected. As much as I thought they could get more than they did from the yotes, a 4-16 pick won't be beat this year.

Last edited:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'd put Chychrun well ahead of Keller personally.

Maybe Hall should make a team into a playoff team instead of wanting to be paid neary $100 million to go along for a ride with one.

Yeah, I would think that it is safe to say that he is doing his part, considering he has 19 points in 21 games. That was what some people thought Kessel might be able to provide. Hall is doing what he needs to do - its the loss of Kuemper and some random disappearing acts by Kessel and even Schmaltz and Keller that are the greater issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad