If TBL loses in playoffs, after 60 win season, is it equivalent to the warriors losing in 2016?

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Hockey is more of a team game than Basketball. It's also a bit more luck based than skill, as opposed to Basketball.

I'm a fan of both leagues and I love that in the NHL I can't ever confidently say whose going to win the cup.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Why do some of you Americans can't stop comparing basketball to ice hockey?

Tampa winning the Cup after having such an "easy time" would be beating the odds. Teams that utterly dominate the NHL regular season rarely go all the way.

Thank you not saying all or most.

I'm an American and don't give a damn about the NBA. I had no idea what this post was referencing, I had to look it up. I know of the team, but no idea about anything else.

NBA is trash.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Well, if they get swept in the first round by the 8th seed, yes that will be a huge upset. However, losing in a hard fought series against another good team? Not.

Reactions: AngryMoose

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If they get beat in the finals? Sure. The favorite losing in the finals is a comparable situation. Otherwise, no, not in any way.

Reactions: TheTang58

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Swear to god that every NBA fan I meet always thinks it's championships that are a comparison for players in terms of championships.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This is way worst

Lebron is one of the best players of all time who had a historic post-season. Yes they lost but they fought and battled hard and couldn't close out.

no comparison here. Tampa were outmatched and outclasses all series long.

Reactions: TheTang58

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Hockey is more of a team game than Basketball. It's also a bit more luck based than skill, as opposed to Basketball.

Do you really believe that? I mean, this might have been true back in the 80's and 90's with forced man-to-man D and isolation ball. But it's just not the case anymore. Ball movement and Team D is everything in basketball now.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Do you really believe that? I mean, this might have been true back in the 80's and 90's with forced man-to-man D and isolation ball. But it's just not the case anymore. Ball movement and Team D is everything in basketball now.

As compared to hockey, yes. Iso ball still exists and theres nothing like that in hockey. Everyone dressed in a hockey bench plays in the game unlike basketball.

A good basketball player has more affect on his team than a good hockey player. Some players can play pretty much the whole game which never happens in hockey. Lebron James has taken some really bad teams to the finals whereas Connor Mcdavid couldn't even take his team to the playoffs in a weak conference.

Rielly4Capn

Apr 16, 2019
(lol kessel generational?)
Kessel is a generational talent?
There is not a single player in the league right now who can release a puck like Phil, he's slowing down now and that won't last much longer but even a kid like Laine with a wicked release can't do it quite like Phil, that is his generational talent, his release. Overall player, not a generation talent, but that shot? Yup.

NBA is the most influential game in the world right now, stop crying
I'm assuming you've never heard of Football? You know, maybe you call it soccer?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Like I compare NBA and NHL players via their playing style/leadership.

Curry = Crosby
Lebron = Ovechkin

Some will say Ovi has one and Lebron has many championships

But if they do want to do it that way, then I could say that Anthony Davis is the NBA version of Connor McDavid.

Some compare the Spurs to the dynasty Red Wings as well, comparing Lidstrom to Tim Duncan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, my basketball knowledge is very decent. My hockey knowledge though is top notch.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
There is not a single player in the league right now who can release a puck like Phil, he's slowing down now and that won't last much longer but even a kid like Laine with a wicked release can't do it quite like Phil, that is his generational talent, his release. Overall player, not a generation talent, but that shot? Yup.

I'm assuming you've never heard of Football? You know, maybe you call it soccer?

Soccer is irrelevant in North America

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
This is like the 2007 Mavs losing in round 1.

Dirk was the MVP that year, Kucherov is the likely MVP

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Like I compare NBA and NHL players via their playing style/leadership.

Curry = Crosby
Lebron = Ovechkin

Some will say Ovi has one and Lebron has many championships

But if they do want to do it that way, then I could say that Anthony Davis is the NBA version of Connor McDavid.

Some compare the Spurs to the dynasty Red Wings as well, comparing Lidstrom to Tim Duncan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, my basketball knowledge is very decent. My hockey knowledge though is top notch.
I’d compare Lebron to Crosby because of how clutch they both are and their leadership. KD and Ovi are a better comparison I think.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Hell no. Those Warriors won 15 playoff games. Blew a 3-1 lead in the final but still won 15 playoff games.

Nowhere close.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Solidified Lebron as the greatest basketball player ever

Is that why it took Kyrie Irving last minute shot and a Draymond Green suspension to prove it? Only to not even be able to make the playoffs now that he is out of the LEastern Conference?

Golden State blew that series but what Tampa did here isn't in the same stratosphere.

Tampa got swept by an 8th seed after tying Detroit's regular season record. There really is no comparable for what Tampa Bay just pulled.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is like the 2007 Mavs losing in round 1.

Dirk was the MVP that year, Kucherov is the likely MVP

It's worse . The Warrior dominated the Mavs in 2007 in their season series and despite 67 wins some people took the Warriors to win. Mavs also at least won 2 games. Lightning swept the season series in dominating fashion against the Jackets only to get crushed in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad