If Mike Richards is bought out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
It's weird to see people say Richards shouldn't have been named captain when he was 2 wins away from lifting the cup in 2010. Say what you will about all the rumored disputes between him and Lavi/Pronger, but he got results. And that achievement shouldn't be go unappreciated because the team (without a starting goalie) lost to the eventual champions the next year (whose goalie was having quite possibly the most dominant season in NHL history).

It's also weird to see people still making such a fuss over Carter and Richards' "partying". Competing at the level they do is intense and stressful, and players do whatever they can to clear their heads. I mean... the 1980's Oilers won 5 cups while coked up every night.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
It's weird to see people say Richards shouldn't have been named captain when he was 2 wins away from lifting the cup in 2010. Say what you will about all the rumored disputes between him and Lavi/Pronger, but he got results. And that achievement shouldn't be go unappreciated because the team (without a starting goalie) lost to the eventual champions the next year (whose goalie was having quite possibly the most dominant season in NHL history).

It's also weird to see people still making such a fuss over Carter and Richards' "partying". Competing at the level they do is intense and stressful, and players do whatever they can to clear their heads. I mean... the 1980's Oilers won 5 cups while coked up every night.

I've seen guys play their best after a couple of bumps. Couple of beers, not so much. That Oilers team could've won Cups on mushrooms.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Yawn...

Delete99991

May 9, 2013

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I wonder exactly what Lombardi means when he says "training like a 22 year old". Could be interpreted two different ways.

As you get older the body takes longer to adapt to getting into shape.

He didn't work as hard as he needed to based on his age for his body - straight forward, no?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-kings-mike-richards-contract-20140620-story.html

Beef, just so we are clear, richards drop in production is based solely off of his lack of conditioning and not some injury or concussion. This article makes that very apparent and is very candid.

sorry, but it isn't solely his training. That concussion scrambled his brain. There was a night and day difference in his play before and after, not sure why you adamantly refuse to believe that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
sorry, but it isn't solely his training. That concussion scrambled his brain. There was a night and day difference in his play before and after, not sure why you adamantly refuse to believe that.

Same reason Lombardi doesn't believe it.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I don't know why his play dropped, but that article is far from conclusive evidence that it is solely due to his training. He has every incentive to say it is, though.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Bang! Great find. Let's see if he can stop his partying in the offseason and train like a professional...

I hope that this opens Mike's eyes. Just ask AI about that. If you want a long a good career you need to take better care of yourself. There is nothing wrong with having a few drinks. But in todays world there is no hiding it when you have a problem. Here's hoping this opens his eyes and he takes better care of his self off the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad