If MAF's cup final play does not improve and vegas wins does he still win Smythe?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He shouldn't, but he probably will. If Vegas somehow wins and Fleury continues to struggle, Marchessault or Smith should win it. But you know that Fleury will get it based on what he did in the first 3 rounds.

Reactions: Sentinel

5minutemajor

Mar 23, 2018
People who can do math? If goalie A allows a goal on 7.7% of shots and goalie B allows a goal on 9.8% of shots than for every 3 goals allowed by goalie A, goalie B will have allowed just over 3.8 goals. Considering how tight the series has been so far which would you rather take, it would be asinine to take the goalie who allows more goals just because he makes "great saves".

Not sure if you had read my post. Anyway, here is the scenario, and the results then interpreted:

Put goalie A in and let Ovechkin shoot from his own blueline. Goalie A stops 923/1000 shots, and lets in 7.7% of his shots. sv% is 0.923.

Now put goalie B in, but Ovi shoots from the point. Goalie B stops 902/1000 shots, and lets in 9.8% of his shots. sv% is 0.902.

Conclusions:

-Accordind to you, goalie A is better.

-According to me, goalie B is better.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the knights come back and win while fleury doesn't have any outstanding games, I still see him winning unless someone from vegas's top line goes nuts in the next 3-4 games.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He shouldn't, but he probably will. If Vegas somehow wins and Fleury continues to struggle, Marchessault or Smith should win it. But you know that Fleury will get it based on what he did in the first 3 rounds.

Neither of those 2 so far have done enough to warrant a conn smythe on their own, no?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Washington has the book on MAF. Playing him year after year in the playoffs is showing. They're waiting for him to over commit and passing it off. They're executing on all his weaknesses.

Reactions: CDN24

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
Thank you for making this thread. As a Caps fan, all these “if the Caps win...” threads are making me sick to my stomach!

To answer your question though — yeah, probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00