Speculation: If Landy DOES Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
The only way this makes sense is if Sakic is actively trying to get him to go somewhere else because he has a trade or big signing lined up for tomorrow that he'd rather do.

I hope Sakic is more creative than you guys are. I don't really care what's available in the UFA market now. I don't care what's available in the trade market in October.

All I care is about Sakic replacing Landeskog with hopefully one top six guy and using the rest of the cap space well by April.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
If it’s a trade, then I don’t think your logic makes sense…because he can just make the trade now.

And signing, okay sure, but outside of Danault there’s really no one available that actively helps the team.

The more likely answer is, IF this rumor is true, Joe is just doing a bad job. I don’t think this particular rumor is true, but if it is…jesus what a bad offer

FIRE JOE!! HIRE LANDY!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Larry Brooks is a jabroni, right?

Maybe the term is different, but I see what Sakic is doing. He's trying to create a Tampa style roster where to play at this level and have shots at the Cup you sign for less than market. You'll lose some guys along the way and I'm sure he's not happy about what he paid Rants or Cale, but those guys deserve one huge payday in his mind and he's probably hoping they won't need much more than their current AAV in their next deal in a time with a higher cap. Landy already got a pretty significant amount of money from his last deal and he's thinking if I pay him a lot more than Nate then I create issues. And good guy Nate is saying hey I won't demand McDavid money after this deal is done. So give him 3 years and Nate's salary and tell him you and Nate are getting more money 3 years from now when hopefully the cap is rising.

No guarantees he can pull it off, but he will lose some guys along the way and he has to be ok with that. If Landy is lost I wouldn't call it a casualty because of Joe, I'd call it a casualty of the flat cap.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Come on Landy! I've been pressuring Joe to go to 7x7 now it's your turn. 7x7 is totally fair for you. You'll have a $7M cap hit at 35 years old, and you're not completely sure how your hips are gonna hold up as you age.

Please just take this deal. You and your family isn't going to see much if any difference in your quality of life if you take a little less money.

But if you leave, you'll be uprooting your family, leaving all your buddies in Colorado, leaving the captaincy, leaving a legacy as perhaps an Avalanche lifer, and potentially leaving a chance at the Cup.

7x7 lets get it done guys so we can go win a Cup together!

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Just to be clear, I don't want him re-signed at all but if they are offering $7 x 7 then why not just offer $7 x 8? No other team can offer that, I don't really care if it's 7 years or 8 if they're going to go this route. It'll likely be just as bad in year 6 as it is in 8 so if that gets it done then for them then why not.

Reactions: Oblivion Beckons

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Just to be clear, I don't want him re-signed at all but if they are offering $7 x 7 then why not just offer $7 x 8? No other team can offer that, I don't really care if it's 7 years or 8 if they're going to go this route. It'll likely be just as bad in year 6 as it is in 8 so if that gets it done then for them then why not.

Because the buyout hurts less with one less year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille