News Article: If Kerry Fraser had one do-over, he'd catch Gretzky's high stick on Gilmour

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I think Kerry Fraser's a class act. I like his column on TSN a lot. He's got a good sense of humour about himself and has no problem admitting to mistakes. His philosophy on reffing is bang on, imo.

He's my favourite referee. I always appreciated the amount of communication between him and the coaches whenever something needed to be explained. People mess up all the time and he's talked about having missed seeing the contact between Gretzky's stick and Gilmour's face before.

The part I found to be most impactful in this article was regarding Fleury. He could have been a total dick to Fleury but he chose to be a mediator and what he did was incredible. He could have skated away considering Fleury wanted to fight him outside the arena in the past but he didn't. That says way more about him than a missed call.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
wayne is a competitor but I wonder if he feels bad about it. especially since they ended up not winning, it wouldve been better if hockey got the leafs/habs finals, and his dad might have enjoyed seeing his favorite team win the cup.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad