Proposal: IF, IF Jack Eichel ever demanded out...#NYR

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You really want cancer back?

I never bought the narrative that O'Reilly was a cancer. So, I would have zero issues if he found his way back to the Sabres.

O'Reilly's issue was the same one that has been an issue for so many players in Buffalo. And it is the issue that has led to this thread. The consistent losing by the Sabres is wearing on everyone involved with the team from the fans to the players.

If Murray and/or Botterill had been able to build a winning team around the 1-2 center combo of Eichel & O'Reilly, then O'Reilly would never have lost his love for the game.

This whole thread is something that will never happen. But if it did, I would hope that the Sabres would be able to somewhat fill the crater that would be created by moving Eichel.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers are trying to win, so there’s no point trading Panarin, Zibanejad, Shestyorkin. It’d be counterproductive to include those players.

I’d offer

Fox
Kakko
Chytil
2020 1st
Miller

This doesn’t hurt our roster that much. The latter two assets aren’t off our current team. Kakko offers nothing. Chytil is a middle six guy for us, but if we add Eichel, there’s no need to keep a center. Losing Fox would suck, but we have the RHD depth to make it work with Lundkvist replacing Fox.

Flyers5150

Jan 9, 2008
Flyers offer:
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov

Buffalo gives:
Jack Eichel

That would probably be considered on both sides but I don't think I would do it as a flyers fan. Eichel is probably already better offensively but Coots is better defensively. I don't think the difference is Ivan Provorov.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Flyers offer:
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov

Buffalo gives:
Jack Eichel

That would probably be considered on both sides but I don't think I would do it as a flyers fan. Eichel is probably already better offensively but Coots is better defensively. I don't think the difference is Ivan Provorov.
Buffalo would reject it for you, so no worries.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Can't believe anybody with half a brain would entertain a post like this. Lol.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I disagree. Couturier is a number 1 center and strong selke candidate. Provorov is a top pair defensemen with #1 potential. The flyers offer would be strongly considered.

Add in that Coots is signed for two more years to a very team friendly deal and that Provorov is signed long term at a good number, and I would think that this would be the type of offer that would make sense if the Sabres HAD to trade Eichel.

This is the best offer I've seen if the Sabres want to try and re-load while moving Eichel.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Nope. May I introduce you to Mr. Panarin and Mr. Zibanejad?

Eichel is significantly more valuable than either of those guys. Compared to Panarin, he's younger, cheaper, and plays the far more valuable position. Compared to Zibanejad, he's a flat-out superior player.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Eichel is significantly more valuable than either of those guys. Compared to Panarin, he's younger, cheaper, and plays the far more valuable position. Compared to Zibanejad, he's a flat-out superior player.
You are just wrong. Eichel is great, but Panarin is a top 10 player and scoring at a 1.38 ppg pace and Zibby plays in all situations and is scoring at 1.25 ppg. Eichel is at 1.18 ppg.

I can't see how Eichel is "significantly more valuable".

Reactions: egelband

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

So to recap, when compared to a superior player* (Panarin), the important thing is that Eichel is cheaper and plays center. When compared to a player with comparable numbers who is significantly cheaper and plays center (Zibanejad), the important thing is that Eichel is the superior player. You are shifting the evaluative criteria to prioritize whichever metric favors your player.

Bottom line, this part of the discussion began because a Buffalo homer said that Eichel would become the Rangers best player and that it wouldn't be close. At the very least, any un-biased fan has to acknowledge that Panarin, Eichel, and Zib are close.

I don't want the Rangers to go after Eichel for two reasons: 1- trades like that never work out for the team that gives up the gold-mine in exchange for one exceptional nugget, and 2- I want to see Eichel succeed in Buffalo (as a Rochesterian, I get how much Buffalo needs/deserves some success).

* To head off the debate on this, Panarin has three seasons that match or eclipse Eichel's career high, and Panarin has never scored fewer than 74 points. He also has 13 more points than Eichel this season, in the same number of games played.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I know if Detroit was to potentially trade for Eichel, the talks start with Larkin and Detroit's 1st+ and yet that's already a better offer than some of the ridiculous proposals on here.

Buffalo needs to be getting a young top 6 center back in an Eichel trade, not a bunch of replaceable wingers and prospects that haven't proven they're legit impact NHLers yet. They also don't really have another top 6 C in their organization (depending on Cozen's development), so it's futile to propose a trade for one of the best centers in the league and not have the return based around another center.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Sabres are going to be a very good team. Eichel will want to stay there for sure.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Rangers are trying to win, so there’s no point trading Panarin, Zibanejad, Shestyorkin. It’d be counterproductive to include those players.

I’d offer

Fox
Kakko
Chytil
2020 1st
Miller

This doesn’t hurt our roster that much. The latter two assets aren’t off our current team. Kakko offers nothing. Chytil is a middle six guy for us, but if we add Eichel, there’s no need to keep a center. Losing Fox would suck, but we have the RHD depth to make it work with Lundkvist replacing Fox.

Gee, very persuasive offer

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada

I’d offer

Fox
Kakko
Chytil
2020 1st
Miller

This doesn`t hurt our roster too much ??? your gutting our team for 1 player. Those players you named are gonna be studs, let them develop.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Flyers offer:
Sean Couturier
Ivan Provorov

Buffalo gives:
Jack Eichel

That's a miserable offer for Buffalo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
why would the Sabres want a package for a top 5 center that doesn’t impact the other team’s roster...

if it doesn’t hurt, it’s not good value

That’s backward thinking. You shouldn’t be making trades to hurt or help other teams. You should make them because they make your own team better.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Bennings ultimate all-in move next seaons.

:nucks
Eichel

:sabres
Pettersson
21'1st. (top 3 protected)
21 2'nd* (Becomes a 2022 first if Vancouver makes the playoffs)

I know it's hyperbolic, but i can't honestly see Eichel return anything short of another 1c (or a player that soon will be a 1c). I also have a huge feeling that even if Vancouver doesn't make the playoffs this season Benning will still be there next season and i think he is just the type of target that Buffalo should go for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad