Proposal: IF, IF Jack Eichel ever demanded out...#NYR

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Hes more valuable than anyone on the Rags - and by a lot

More valuable than Panarin, who significantly out-produces him? More valuable than Zib, who has the same production rate for half the price? Sure. Eichel is a fantastic player, but he's not worth gutting a team to acquire (I can count on one hand the number of players in NHL history who WOULD be worth doing that).

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
An Eichel trade would probably be franchise crippling; don't want the Avs involved, we can win with our core healthy.

AVs getting a player at the level of Eichel could lead towards a Pens like dynasty. Consider a lineup with the following players.

Landy - Mackinnon - Burakovsky
Nich - Eichel - Kaut
Jost - Kadri - Donskoi
Calvert - Bowers - Compher

Graves - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Zadorov - EJ

Trading Rants has nearly the same salaries. Cap Space will still be the highest in the league and ensure they resign their players. They also keep all their picks. Nearly all the core players are still under the age of 25. Can't see any team with a better lineup except the McDavid/Draisaitl (Winger?) combo. It also solves their 3C problem and team gets younger.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hey Buffalo. We Blues are interesting of Eichel. Is he tired of losing, come here. You want get couple cap dumps to even steven to deal we can give you those too. Steen, Allen and maybe good dmen like Faulk?

How about no?

Since everyone knows that ROR and Eichel can never play on the same team, let's try O'Reilly and Thomas for Eichel...

:sarcasm:

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
More valuable than Panarin, who significantly out-produces him? More valuable than Zib, who has the same production rate for half the price? Sure. Eichel is a fantastic player, but he's not worth gutting a team to acquire (I can count on one hand the number of players in NHL history who WOULD be worth doing that).
Yes - he is more valuable than both Panarin and Zibanejad

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Eichel plays a tougher position with little to no support. He is better than Panarin and substantially superior to Zibby. There is no need to insult when few if any fans agree with you.

As for the NYR, they would absolutely make this deal. A player of his level are almost never available and with the cap space and prospects, they can make this trade and still have plenty of prospects remaining.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Comparing to the Seguin deal.

Let's assume the Sabres were taking calls. Eichel is coming going to have a 90 point season playing all situations and is a top 10 C in the league
Seguin was coming off a 32 in 48 campaign with 8 in 22 playoff games.

Seguins deal:
Seguin, Rich Peverley, Ryan Button
for
Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Joe Morrow, Matt Fraser

Peverley was a cap dump, Button a contract dump. So maybe the equivalent to Kyle Okposo and xxx AHL player on NHL deal

Eriksson at the time was a 70 point two way winger. Scored in the top 30 in points multiple years in a row.
Reilly Smith was a young player with potential, similar to a decent projected middle six prospect
Morrow was a recent 1st round pick
Fraser was similar to smith. Middle six prospect

So when we look at the fact that Eichel is quite a better player compared to Seguin at the time of the deal, I dont see the issue with the Sabres asking:
top 10 winger/#1 dman who is a few years older
recent 1st round pick
coveted prospect
late 1st/B+ prospect

Now, that's my best at trying to get a deal. The caveat of this is the Sabres need Centers. So maybe that makes the deal
High end #2 Center
recent 1st round pick
coveted prospect
late 1st/B+ prospect

There are few teams that can offer that kind of deal.
Kadri
Newhook
Kaut
1st

I bleh at that deal but maybe thats a value comparable

Dumba
Brody
Khovanov
1st

If I were the Sabres I would want proven players. But teams would likely offer prospects with maybe 1 great nhler.

Either way, Sabres fans wouldnt be happy at the return, and I dont see a deal happening any time soon.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Comparing to the Seguin deal.

Let's assume the Sabres were taking calls. Eichel is coming going to have a 90 point season playing all situations and is a top 10 C in the league
Seguin was coming off a 32 in 48 campaign with 8 in 22 playoff games.

Seguins deal:
Seguin, Rich Peverley, Ryan Button
for
Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Joe Morrow, Matt Fraser

Peverley was a cap dump, Button a contract dump. So maybe the equivalent to Kyle Okposo and xxx AHL player on NHL deal

Eriksson at the time was a 70 point two way winger. Scored in the top 30 in points multiple years in a row.
Reilly Smith was a young player with potential, similar to a decent projected middle six prospect
Morrow was a recent 1st round pick
Fraser was similar to smith. Middle six prospect

So when we look at the fact that Eichel is quite a better player compared to Seguin at the time of the deal, I dont see the issue with the Sabres asking:
top 10 winger/#1 dman who is a few years older
recent 1st round pick
coveted prospect
late 1st/B+ prospect

Now, that's my best at trying to get a deal. The caveat of this is the Sabres need Centers. So maybe that makes the deal
High end #2 Center
recent 1st round pick
coveted prospect
late 1st/B+ prospect

There are few teams that can offer that kind of deal.
Kadri
Newhook
Kaut
1st

I bleh at that deal but maybe thats a value comparable

Dumba
Brody
Khovanov
1st

If I were the Sabres I would want proven players. But teams would likely offer prospects with maybe 1 great nhler.

Either way, Sabres fans wouldnt be happy at the return, and I dont see a deal happening any time soon.

Some great proposals, but the problem is no team will swap a good + picks for a great 2C. The only team that could make this work with NHL ready players might be the Flyers, Cap Space might be an issue:
  • High end #2 Center - Patrick
  • recent 1st round pick - Frost
  • coveted prospect - Ghost
  • late 1st/B+ prospect - Farabee

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Eichel plays a tougher position with little to no support. He is better than Panarin and substantially superior to Zibby. There is no need to insult when few if any fans agree with you.

As for the NYR, they would absolutely make this deal. A player of his level are almost never available and with the cap space and prospects, they can make this trade and still have plenty of prospects remaining.

Panarin plays with Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast--a multi-team cast-off and a career bottom six player. He makes them better. If Eichel were better than Panarin, you would be talking about how he elevates his teammates. Instead, his teammates are used as an excuse for why Eichel's production isn't where it should be for a player worth an entire team's prospect cupboard in return.

I'm not going to speculate about what the Rangers would do. They've done some stupid ass things over the years, so nothing would surprise me. You are 100% correct that young top line players rarely become available. When they do, and trades LIKE this are made, they have historically been shown to be a mistake on the part of the team acquiring the big name.

I stand by my earlier comment--there are times when building the best team means not going after the best single player. The history of the league tends to back me up on that.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Panarin plays with Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast--a multi-team cast-off and a career bottom six player. He makes them better. If Eichel were better than Panarin, you would be talking about how he elevates his teammates. Instead, his teammates are used as an excuse for why Eichel's production isn't where it should be for a player worth an entire team's prospect cupboard in return.

I'm not going to speculate about what the Rangers would do. They've done some stupid ass things over the years, so nothing would surprise me. You are 100% correct that young top line players rarely become available. When they do, and trades LIKE this are made, they have historically been shown to be a mistake on the part of the team acquiring the big name.

I stand by my earlier comment--there are times when building the best team means not going after the best single player. The history of the league tends to back me up on that.
Watching Panarin makes me a better person

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Jeff Gorton and the NYR have never shown any reluctance to hunt the big fish. IF, and only IF Jack ever got so fed up and demanded out, say, by the end of the season, for example, and the Rangers proposed the following, is it close? Add more? How's the value?
BUF Receives: Vitali Kravtsov, RW; K'Andre Miller, LD; Filip Chytil, C; Lias Andersson, C ; Alexandar Georgiev, G; and both 2020 1st-round picks (NYR+TOR/CAR)
NYR Receives: Jack Eichel, C[/QUOTE

Since Ranger players are always undervalued, It would take Panarin at 50% retained,Zibby at 50% retained Shestorkin, Kaakko, Chytil, Deangelo , Fox, the 2 firsts this year, plus 2021 first and maybe we can get Buffalo to answer the phone for Eichel

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Since Ranger players are always undervalued, It would take Panarin at 50% retained,Zibby at 50% retained Shestorkin, Kaakko, Chytil, Deangelo , Fox, the 2 firsts this year, plus 2021 first and maybe we can get Buffalo to answer the phone for Eichel

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Such as....
Besides Boldy and Kaprizov Minnesota basically doesn’t have a farm system
First off, Minnesota would offer actual consistent roster players in their deal. Buffalo would be silly to deal Eichel for magic beans only. Minnesota has some high value assets like Dumba, Brodin, Fiala, etc. They can throw in a stop gap 1C in Eric Staal as well.

-Addison
-Khovanov
-Beckman
-Kahkonen
-Firstov

Do some research on those prospects.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
When players want out it seems word gets around pretty quickly in the GM circles. I'm guessing if the Rangers wanted in on Eichel there would be a three way with a team out west.
Buffalo fans would be very disappointed with the return under these circumstances

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Some great proposals, but the problem is no team will swap a good + picks for a great 2C. The only team that could make this work with NHL ready players might be the Flyers, Cap Space might be an issue:
  • High end #2 Center - Patrick
  • recent 1st round pick - Frost
  • coveted prospect - Ghost
  • late 1st/B+ prospect - Farabee
Hard pass

Kuz

May 11, 2015
He is one of the most valuable players in the league.

From the Caps you would probably have to start with Kuznetsov (4 year older ppg center to replace Eichel) then add players like McMichael (Looks NHL ready for next year) and Fehervary/Alexeyev (Fehervary is supposedly looked upon as NHL ready by the Caps management. Alexeyev might have a higher ceiling, but will probably need one more year in the AHL)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad