If Derek Lalonde can't win with 80M value roster, he needs to be fired.

Lalonde has to be fired ?

• Keep Lalonde, keep current assistants

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Keep Lalonde, hire new assistants

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Fire Lalonde, fire all assistants

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Fire Lalonde, keep some assistants

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
If I thought a new GM would fix all the things we don't like currently, maybe. But I'm not that naive.

A new GM is probably still going to:

-have to navigate a lottery system that is not designed to help the teams at the bottom
What on God's Green Earth are you talking about?

Chicago was clearly at/near the bottom this past spring :sarcasm:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
If I thought a new GM would fix all the things we don't like currently, maybe. But I'm not that naive.

A new GM is probably still going to:

-not draft exclusively what we consider skilled players in the draft
I'm at the point (actually have been for some time now) where I want to see 'retro 80s' drafting...Skill players for rounds 1 and 2...Then rounds 3 and up draft the most physical/intimidating beasts from JR Hockey.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I think we need a new assistant change.

Probably the goalie coach gone. Whoever is the defense coach, need to get him out of here because none of that is working at all (except the offensive output). It's like the coaches told the players that we were so do shit with offense for years, everyone needs to produce immediately and they decided to forego that pesky defending thing.

I like our powerplay for once. I think that is working great. Our forwards are pushing pace and they are backchecking for the most part minus a couple. So, I think that's tanguay and I don't hate what he has done tbh.

Lalonde is more of the strategy and concept head coach imo but it doesn't seem like the other assistants are following through? If that is the case then definitely the assistants need to go but if you get new coaches and they do the same thing then he definitely has a shorter leash.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The Copp line and Ghost played like shit last night (-3 each), if Lalonde doesn't cut their ice time then he needs to go. It's time he puts his foot down when players shit the bed. Promote Fabs-Fish-Sprong to 3rd line. Sprong has been playing surprisingly well defensively as of late. Better than Copp who's supposed to be good defensively.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The Copp line and Ghost played like shit last night (-3 each), if Lalonde doesn't cut their ice time then he needs to go. It's time he puts his foot down when players shit the bed. Promote Fabs-Fish-Sprong to 3rd line. Sprong has been playing surprisingly well defensively as of late. Better than Copp who's supposed to be good defensively.
He's still acting like an assistant coach. I agree he needs to start putting his foot down. The players are "too nice" on this team. If the coach is the same, that's not going to work. There needs to be accountability somewhere in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad