If Berube is fired, who would you like to see behind the Flyers bench?

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Am I alone in thinking this isn't Berube's fault? Grant it he isn't the best coach... but I don't think anyone could turn the team around right now... it was known by everyone that the team wouldn't be good, the defense is just terrible.

I say ride the year out, see if we can sell off some of our bad contracts, get a good draft pick and see what coach we can pick up over the summer.

So we lose our 2nd line center, we break up our 1st line to solve this. B.Schenn plays well with G and Jake but keeps getting moved. As a coach he should be promoting from below. You move the guy YOU WANT TO SCORE MORE (Coots) to the 2nd line center role, move PEB to a defensive line role and move Vinny between rinaldo and vdv. Lines should have been:

Schenn - g - jake
Raffl - Coots - Simmons
Umberger - PEB - Read
Rinaldo - Vinny - Vdv

Rinaldo has been scrathed lately for a reason. He is bad and there are better options. So when we need to reincert him in the lineup, lets put him with a group that plays a lot. Weird, he hasnt gotten many penalties this year with not so much pt and now 1 game back with big icetime he grabs 2

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Maybe Jagr will retire and then we can hire him to be the coach? Or Timonen? Did Richards retire yet?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Yesterday on the radio Chris Webber was commenting about the Cleveland Cavaliers coaching situation and what he said was pertinent to Berube. "If the coach isn't helping the players win, then they look at him and say what is he doing here?"
That has to be what the thoughts are in the Flyers locker room. At this point he is doing virtually nothing to help this team be successful. As long as he's here the players are going to uninspired. Hextall has to make a change between now and the end of the AS break. He owes it to the paying customers but most of all to the players.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
4 th line and Rinaldo decisions and him almost single handedly destroying the PK is reason enough to ditch him now and let anyone take over. That interview on the bench still makes me laugh after getting scored on short handed by being out of position and way to aggressive, he says we need to be more aggressive :handclap: He can not grasp that we DO NOT have fast enough players to play that way.

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
Yesterday on the radio Chris Webber was commenting about the Cleveland Cavaliers coaching situation and what he said was pertinent to Berube. "If the coach isn't helping the players win, then they look at him and say what is he doing here?"
That has to be what the thoughts are in the Flyers locker room. At this point he is doing virtually nothing to help this team be successful. As long as he's here the players are going to uninspired. Hextall has to make a change between now and the end of the AS break. He owes it to the paying customers but most of all to the players.

I don't think so. The NHL doesn't have the ego and arrogance of the NBA. NHL has players who know where to step and how to handle themselves in certain situation. Alos, NHL players are more mature in the sense of respect than those in the NBA.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Am I alone in thinking this isn't Berube's fault? Grant it he isn't the best coach... but I don't think anyone could turn the team around right now... it was known by everyone that the team wouldn't be good, the defense is just terrible.

I say ride the year out, see if we can sell off some of our bad contracts, get a good draft pick and see what coach we can pick up over the summer.

Berube isn't the difference between being a lottery team and a cup contender, but there is absolutely zero doubt that he's a massive part of the problem and hurting the team.

I keep seeing "this team wouldn't be great even if [insert coach here] was the coach"... Yeah but that coach probably wouldn't be actively hurting the team and making it as hard as possible to win. It doesn't have to be a scenario where the coach is the only problem to change the coach, the coach should be changed if he's not helping the team win. It's that simple. Berube isn't helping the team win, he's helping them lose so he needs to go.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Look what Paul Maurice has been able to do with an AHL defense due to injuries in Winnipeg. Yes, this is Berubes fault.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
4 th line and Rinaldo decisions and him almost single handedly destroying the PK is reason enough to ditch him now and let anyone take over. That interview on the bench still makes me laugh after getting scored on short handed by being out of position and way to aggressive, he says we need to be more aggressive :handclap: He can not grasp that we DO NOT have fast enough players to play that way.

the Flyers are pacing to be one of the worst PKs not only this season but threating to challenge the record set by the expansion Senators for PK futility. But yeah Berube, keep being aggressive :facepalm: :laugh:

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
if Berube isn't coming next year, i hope they take their time and interview couple of guys even if they're set on someone, hearing other coaches POV about this team and what needs to be done will help.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Look what Paul Maurice has been able to do with an AHL defense due to injuries in Winnipeg. Yes, this is Berubes fault.

The absolute best example, no real personnel change in Wpg . They play a crazy aggressive PK, but it works as they have very fast forwards. Maurice has turned a Emery caliber goalie into a respectable goalie. Coaching absolutely matters and ours isn't , even in the slightest way, able to adapt a style to the players he has.

Jets were decimated with injuries, and just kept on going as their players have to play a certain way.

Our only hope is Hexy is actively tanking and has his guy in mind to take over.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
This needs to be on the next page. This is ****ing mindblowingly dumb...

here we come
...........:scared:
...........███ ]▄▄▄▄▄▃
..▂▄▅█████▅▄▃▂
[███████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
here we come
...........:scared: