If Berube is fired, who would you like to see behind the Flyers bench?

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Ok so we fire Berube. Who do we hire and why does their system benefit the team? It's tough, I can see Hextall going to Terry Murray or Lappy.

If there is anyone that should want him to stay, it should be you Zac. (Or should I say your client?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lappy would likely not remain behind the bench if Berube is fired. He runs the PK, and it's a big deal that it's bad.

Gord Murphy would likely be the interim coach, and then you see who is available in the summer. I don't think Hextall would want to disrupt the Phantoms by removing their coach.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Lappy would likely not remain behind the bench if Berube is fired. He runs the PK, and it's a big deal that it's bad.

Gord Murphy would likely be the interim coach, and then you see who is available in the summer. I don't think Hextall would want to disrupt the Phantoms by removing their coach.

Probably no point to fire Berube just to have Gord Murphy be interim

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012

I agree with Gord Murphy but I still like Lappy behind the bench, at least for the remainder of the season. I think if you make up your mind the Berube is gone in the offseason, get rid of him now and give someone else a chance as interm. Can't get much worse.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Murray would make this team even more unwatchable as impossible as that sounds.

Lappy's been an assistant coach for about a little more than a season now. He's taken a top PK unit from last year all the way to last place this year. He shouldn't even register on the radar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I agree with Gord Murphy but I still like Lappy behind the bench, at least for the remainder of the season. I think if you make up your mind the Berube is gone in the offseason, get rid of him now and give someone else a chance as interm. Can't get much worse.

When a coach is fired, this top assistant typically goes with him. Stevens had Jack McIlhargey, Lavy had Kevin McCarthy. Lappy hasn't proven anything that he should get a chance to coach, we're not even really that sure why he's qualified for what he's doing now after being a developmental coach for a team that hasn't developed many players.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I live in Toronto, all they are talking about is how Brendon Shanahan will make Babcock the highest paid coach in the NHL. They have already reportedly discussed it.

Flyers could shell out just as much money and have a better base than the Leafs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why the **** would he go to Toronto?

He's from Ontario. They've also basically wiped out their entire front office (Nonis likely isn't making it past this year). The coaching staff would obviously be wiped out as well. I could be wrong here but I believe there were some whispers that he was intrigued about being part of a potential turn around there. They also obviously have the resources to make him a very rich man.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Seriously look at our coaching staff. Even our good players don,t have a system that works for them. Our not so talented guys are lost. we're not even putting shots on goal.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Torts

Just kidding! ;-)

your godam rights...

:yo:

Torts all the way...

you can be sure all these coasting dead weights will be dealt with within a week...Torts would have 1/2 the roster in the press room in order to make a statement. something Berube has no clue on

i want no one whos on the Flyers staff currently having any chance at the HC or AC coach job...no godam way...in fact i'd clear house and bring in all new people...

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
How about switching CB for BB. Both have no clue as how to coach, make lineup changes or when to sub. Although the Sixers will have the worst record in the NBA. BB can help the Flyers get the worst record in the NHL then the city gets 2 no. 1 picks in basketball and hockey. That would be awesome!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00