Proposal: If Auston Matthews makes a public trade request, what's your offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Lots of people who freebase speculation here.

Without knowing him personally I imagine he's thrilled about adding Tavares. It makes the team much better, and it takes a lot of the pressure off of him, which is nothing but net for a 20 year old kid.

Your best skater (Edmonton and Pittsburgh exempted) , your best prospect and your first and second next year.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Matthews was a big part in recruiting JT. These ideas are pure fantasy. He's going nowhere.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
He is already elite and will only get better....The Flyers offer Prov, Patrick and Kocecny......

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Who is HF's consensus best defenceman?

We'll take him. Thx.

Also:

I'd be ecstatic to. Tavares just helped Matthews earn himself one hell of a pay day next summer...

:sarcasm:

In terms of the question in the OP... Would not move Mackinnon for Matthews, so the offer would have to be futures based. Probably based around Makar + Ottawa 2019 1st as a base. Mack/Matthews down the middle would give us the 1/2 punch that seems to be a requirement for winning cups right now in the league(See: Washington this year and Pittsburgh the two years prior, having 2 #1Cs seems to be the formula for success right now).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
good work outdoing the OP in terms of being ridiculous

What did I say that was ridiculous? Monahan is a young 65 point 1st line center with a good 2-way game. Matthews isn't a big enough improvement on him to spend that much on top of Monahan, there's just not a point.

If what I'm saying isn't ridiculous, why don't you ever see teams offering huge packages on top of their average 1st line center for a better 1st line center? There's just not a point to it, any improvement going from one to the other isn't worth the assets added on top.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Trouba+ Roslivic + Little + 2018 1st + 2019 2nd for Matthews and Zaitsev. How close am I, Leafs fans?

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Not sure why he would. Him and JT centering essentially two first lines gunna be pretty electric for Toronto fans. This only helps his career having JT mentor the young guns with Marleau as well

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
lol

Haven't seen you post in a while! If he can outperform Tavares he'll deserve it

Dynasty incoming :)

I'm here. I tend to avoid Leafs threads these days as I prefer not to use my ignore button :laugh:

Leafs are gonna have some tricky times with the cap soon but if they handle it well they definitely have the chance to win a cup or two in the next few years. Getting an asset like Tavares essentially for free is a huge boost but they still have to be smart about the road forward. I'd say they're currently way too forward heavy and need to focus on fixing that defense but it's a lot easier now with JT on board.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
What did I say that was ridiculous? Monahan is a young 65 point 1st line center with a good 2-way game. Matthews isn't a big enough improvement on him to spend that much on top of Monahan, there's just not a point.

If what I'm saying isn't ridiculous, why don't you ever see teams offering huge packages on top of their average 1st line center for a better 1st line center? There's just not a point to it, any improvement going from one to the other isn't worth the assets added on top.

Taking a single word in this thread seriously is the ridiculous bit.

Also nobody wants to downgrade their #1C for a package. Pens sure as heck haven't downgraded their #2C for a package despite Dreger's insistence that THIS IS THE DEADLINE MALKIN IS MOVED FOR SURE.

Now is what I just said serious, or is it just part of the memes that are this bullshit thread?

Reactions: leospaceman3434

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The same Auston Matthews who called Tavares to help recruit him to the Leafs? The same Matthews who from all accounts is ecstatic to have Tavares on the team? Matthews isn’t going to ask for a trade he’s going to go on to form one of if not the best 1-2 punch in the entire NHL. Close this nonsense.
There is no "possibly best 2 centers in the league." I understand you're excited but they still don't compare to the Penguins in that regard.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Deangelo+Top 15 protected 1st+Marc Staal 50% retained+Two 2019 2nds (TBL+NYR’s)+Gilmour+Lindbom
For
Matthews

Deangelo- a lot of untapped potential and looked good this year although stats don’t show it. RHD also
Marc Staal 50%-good vet presence
1st round pick in good draft+2 2nds. Can grab some solid players and Leafs have been drafting good recently
Gilmour-extremely fast and played in the NHL this year, could be a solid bottom pairing PPQB
Lindbom-Leafs grab a decent goalie prospect (picked 39th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad