Proposal: if anaheim is actually offering up a forward for a dman

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
I would have to say no.

If they were to consider it, you would find the price extremely painful (think something like Silverberg and a #1). Funny thing is I write that, and still not sure I would even do it from Boston, as it hurts the Bruins this year and not sure it is enough future to make it worthwhile

I floated something like that on the Trade board: it went down in flames. I suggested a top prospect and a second (Etem + a second). They suggested Boychuk was worth a second. They are completely unrealistic, as most fan bases are.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't get why we trade for anyone at this point ,we have all we need and good players to fill in for injuries. The players we want to trade have low value because they are all unproven, so anyone we would get, we already have better. Even if we could trade for someone good it would probably be a Cap Killer. So let's just keep what we have ,we've never been in a better position than this, why muck that up?

member 96824

I floated something like that on the Trade board: it went down in flames. I suggested a top prospect and a second (Etem + a second). They suggested Boychuk was worth a second. They are completely unrealistic, as most fan bases are.

You asked for Etem and a more than likely top 50 pick for Boychuk and theyre completely unreasonable?

Boychuk is good..especially in our system, but theyre not being unreasonable saying no to that

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Marchand:
  • better defensively (and it's not even close)
  • Kills penalties effectively
  • Physical (albeit small)
  • Has tons of playoff (and cup) experience already at 25
  • Had more goals in fewer games than Kane last season
  • Had more points than Kane in fewer games last season
  • absolutely drives other teams crazy

So let's see here...Marchand is better offensively and better defensively...

So by what measure could you possibly say that Kane is better than Marchand right now?

You might be able to argue the higher upside, but then it's likely only offensive upside. Marchand has been strong defensively since day 1. Kane is not that kind of player and is unlikely to suddenly turn into one.

Not sure why any Bruins fan would advocate this trade.

I agree with you ! Marchand is a worth more to this Bruins team than Kane. Not that I wouldn't want the Cooke Crumbler on the B's :laugh:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You asked for Etem and a more than likely top 50 pick for Boychuk and theyre completely unreasonable?

Boychuk is good..especially in our system, but theyre not being unreasonable saying no to that

The point is Boston has no interest in moving him, so unless someone were to make an absolutely absurd offer they are not going to get him.

But, beyond that, Boychuck is a rock, who is a proven 23 minute a night top 4 for a championship caliber team. And he has another season after this on his contract for way below market rate. A mid second round pick is nothing for a player like him. Lesser players with less team control get dealt for more than that. If the Bruins were to consider dealing Boychuck, it would cost a Whole lot more than a mid second round pick to get him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad