Proposal: if anaheim is actually offering up a forward for a dman

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
the signing of seidenberg sort of makes one of our kid dmen expendable and puts us in a good position imho to make a smart trade...

i have no insider information which of anaheims young forwards is being offered up but i think a few of them would be an upgrade over smith/caron/fraser company as a third liner

Im not sure that Bartowski by himself would land us one of these former first round picks of Anaheim like Palmeri or Etem but if I was in charge id probably offer one of our excess forwards to balance the deal out.

The reason i would be in favor of a deal like this is that I think these young duck forwards have the ability to step up to a top line down the road soon... kids like caron/smith probably can adequetly fill a third line role for us but i dont have faith they will ever be more than decent third liners.

bartowski looks like he probably can become a pretty solid 3/4 dman but i dont believe he has more upside then that. Krug/Hamilton seem to have more potential upside. If Im picking one of these three dmen to be expendable in a trade it has to be bartowski.

I actually like the kid... and i was ok going forward with him being seidenberg's replacement if we were unable to resign seidenberg but now it is clear that the plan is to have chara/seidenberg and maybe both of boychuck/mcquaid around as our vets for the next couple years and that only leaves 2 spaces for the 3 kids to play and by the time one of boychuck/mcquaid gets moved we are going to have 1 or 2 of the other kids pushing for the job.

we do have the asset available to be able to get into the discussion here and anaheim does have at least 2 young rws that id be very happy to pick up at the right price.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Which young forward? IDK if this team would make a trade for a young forward with what we have in the prospect pool and providence.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
the signing of seidenberg sort of makes one of our kid dmen expendable and puts us in a good position imho to make a smart trade...

i have no insider information which of anaheims young forwards is being offered up but i think a few of them would be an upgrade over smith/caron/fraser company as a third liner

Im not sure that Bartowski by himself would land us one of these former first round picks of Anaheim like Palmeri or Etem but if I was in charge id probably offer one of our excess forwards to balance the deal out.

The reason i would be in favor of a deal like this is that I think these young duck forwards have the ability to step up to a top line down the road soon... kids like caron/smith probably can adequetly fill a third line role for us but i dont have faith they will ever be more than decent third liners.

bartowski looks like he probably can become a pretty solid 3/4 dman but i dont believe he has more upside then that. Krug/Hamilton seem to have more potential upside. If Im picking one of these three dmen to be expendable in a trade it has to be bartowski.

I actually like the kid... and i was ok going forward with him being seidenberg's replacement if we were unable to resign seidenberg but now it is clear that the plan is to have chara/seidenberg and maybe both of boychuck/mcquaid around as our vets for the next couple years and that only leaves 2 spaces for the 3 kids to play and by the time one of boychuck/mcquaid gets moved we are going to have 1 or 2 of the other kids pushing for the job.

we do have the asset available to be able to get into the discussion here and anaheim does have at least 2 young rws that id be very happy to pick up at the right price.

I'm not familiar with the young wingers you speak of, but it seems a bit pre-mature.

May be wiser to wait and see how the 3rd line develops. At least so far, it looks to be much better than last year to my eye.

Wasn't that long ago that many of us were lamenting the lack of depth on the D corps.

1 or 2 injuries and we're gonna be real glad we've got these kids.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bartkowski and Caron + 2nd or 3rd for Jakob Silfverberg

Personally I don't touch that.

If the Bruins trade Bart, then I think it is a pretty big drop to the next guy as the #7 defenseman, and I believe they will need 7 defensemen.

To make that goal I need to be pretty sure that Silverberg is going to be a 25 goal 30 assist guy down the road, who also plays both ends effectively

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Anaheim probably wouldnt trade him anyway as they just acquired him. However, to touch on what you said about Silfverberg's point production, I believe he will be a 20 goal/30 assist type guy for years in the NHL.

He looked real good in Ottawa last year.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The crazy thing is that the Bruins don't have any holes in the lineup whatsoever. At least until you exhaust all the options on the 3rd line.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Go BIG or stay home...

Bartkowski and Caron + 2nd or 3rd for Jakob Silfverberg

Brad MARCHAND (4.5), Jordan CARON(640 k), Matt BARTKOWSKI (650 k) and a 2nd ronder for Evander KANE (5.25), Zach REDMOND (715 k-NHL/65 k AHL) and a fourth round pick, REDMOND to Providence.

KANE-BERGERON-ERIKSSON
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
SODERBERG-KELLY-SMITH
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
JOHNSON

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
KRUG-MCQUAID
MILLER

RASK
JOHNSON

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
The Bruins don't have any obvious holes right now, and we need the competition on the 3rd line with the prospects we have currently developing. If we traded for an Etem or a Palmeri it would be nice but there really isn't room. If I'm trading Bart its only for a good/high pick at this point.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Winnipeg Ducks?

Brad MARCHAND (4.5), Jordan CARON(640 k), Matt BARTKOWSKI (650 k) and a 2nd ronder for Evander KANE (5.25), Zach REDMOND (715 k-NHL/65 k AHL) and a fourth round pick, REDMOND to Providence.

KANE-BERGERON-ERIKSSON
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
SODERBERG-KELLY-SMITH
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
JOHNSON

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
KRUG-MCQUAID
MILLER

RASK
JOHNSON

Only one problem here....

member 96824

Give me some DSP

oh nevermind..I just read, there is no basis behind this at all? damn

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
Spooner +Bartkowski for Emerson Etem + 2nd

We don't have use for a centerman for a long time and Bart is a swing guy. Etem is going to be a real talent in the future and will make Caron expendable at wing, or could soften the blow if Iggy ships out after this season.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

KANE-BERGERON-ERIKSSON
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
SODERBERG-KELLY-SMITH
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
JOHNSON

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
KRUG-MCQUAID
MILLER

RASK
JOHNSON

Marchand >>>>> Kane

why the hell would we ever do that? that trade actively makes this team worse :shakehead

Shortvalley

Jun 7, 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden
If we are just trading Bart then i dont know how much we could get in return. The thing we could need is a RW.
This is what i think we maybe could get:

Rickard Rakell, Devante Smith-Pelly or Max Friberg.

I wouldnt do any of these trades, but this is what i think we would get in return for just Bart.

Do any of these players interest you?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Spooner +Bartkowski for Emerson Etem + 2nd

We don't have use for a centerman for a long time and Bart is a swing guy. Etem is going to be a real talent in the future and will make Caron expendable at wing, or could soften the blow if Iggy ships out after this season.

Watched Etem play a few time last year against Springfield, and I don't think I trade Spooner alone for him. I was not super impressed, expected more. Thought Jenner looked like more if a player?

member 96824

Marchand >>>>> Kane

why the hell would we ever do that? that trade actively makes this team worse :shakehead

I disagree, Kane is like getting Iginla at 22 or whatever age he is.

Guy has 40 goals all over him and plays a fast physical game. Not overly physical, but enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad