Post-Game Talk (GBU): If all Condors were this ornery we wouldn't need captive breeding programs

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
It was the reigning Cup champions, of course they made the Sabres bad and ugly.

G- Stafford standing up for Mitchell, Myers leveling someone after the whistle. Just good to see them pushing back and showing a hint of unity.

-Enroth played well, Kings should have scored 5 or 6

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ugly: Two weeks now the Sabres have left me with a huge deficit in Fantasy hockey by not being able to score and awarding the person I'm playing against a shutout in Head to Head style.

Damn you Sabres, damn you.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
G:
- Myers has a real thorn up his ***** this season. It's great. He's matching a high level of play with an intensity and meanness I think most of us a few years ago wouldn't have thought he'd ever reach.
- Another solid in-zone game from Gorges
- Rob Ray... actually thought almost everything he said tonight was on point and insightful. I feel I need to point it out considering I always criticize him.
- Zemgus got it going. Thought he was gonna score one of his patented "beat an All-Star off the rush then somehow score from within one foot of the net" goals.
- Weber's looked pretty decent relative to where I had him going into the season. Better than Benoit and Meszaros in his own end most of the time.
- Stewart had a bit more spark but couldn't do much with it. That backhand off the breakaway was disappointing. He let a weak stick dissuade him from powering through on the forehand. Great play to spring himself on the breakaway but knocking that puck out of the air.
- Enroth continues to look more than competent. I'd love to see him in front of a playoff team.
- Stafford jumping in. Doesn't matter if they can't fight worth a damn, it's good to see that guys like Stafford, Weber, and Myers stick up for themselves and others.

B:
- Same as it ever was

U:
- It's still the first month of the season

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I hear endlessly how Ted Nolan has them playing better hockey and it's a better atmosphere. I don't get it. They're bloody horrible (I know lottery) but their play is just pathetic and I don't get how playing in this rag-tag system is good for young players.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Oh damn, I fell asleep on the couch again.

Another plus for seeing Myers. It was nice to see a little fire.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
The anti-Ennis agenda is pretty dumb. We've got a 170 lb water bug getting matched up against the likes of Kopitar and Getzlaf night in and night out. He should be slotted as a 2LW, instead he's a 1C. Despite this, he's one of the few guys that shows a pulse every night. if you are mad at him for not being a better 1C, you should probably check your expectations a bit.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The anti-Ennis agenda is pretty dumb. We've got a 170 lb water bug getting matched up against the likes of Kopitar and Getzlaf night in and night out. He should be slotted as a 2LW, instead he's a 1C. Despite this, he's one of the few guys that shows a pulse every night. if you are mad at him for not being a better 1C, you should probably check your expectations a bit.

My sole issue is that he holds the puck too long and passes up on some smart opportunities to move the puck. Other than that I like his game for where he is.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Gorges is fantastic. It's a shame our team isn't competitive now, he's exactly the kind of guy you need on your blueline. Hopefully he's capable of maintaining this level of play until we're in the hunt in a few years.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He's averaging 24:44 as of now, yeah. Id give him more.

He was averaging just shy of 26mins before the last two games. In the last two he spent a lot of time in the box.

Anyway complaining about Myers ice time is pretty bizarre in light of how much he is playing.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Myers seemed to be tied up in his own end a lot last night. My only other thought is why didn't L.A. rest Quick?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

:biglaugh:

Ennis is destined to be a superstar IMO. He played like one for the last 2 months. I think this is a case of a light going on for a player where he realizes he can be the best player on the ice every time. Hodgson will be very good, but I think Ennis can be great. He's going to be another Marty St. Louis, but he got there faster.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
To be honest, I didn't expect much more than the 1-7-0 start at this point considering the opponents.

I did expect a lot more scoring though. Stewart, Stafford, Moulson, Hodgson, Gionta and every defenseman all still with goose-eggs 8 games in is a shocker for me.

It doesn't get any easier in the next 10 games with SJ, TOR, BOS, PIT, DET, MTL, EDM, PIT, STL, MIN. So the scoring had better get going otherwise even those winnable games against EDM and TOR may end up being losses as well.

4-15-1 was the Rolston record before he was canned.

At this rate, they'd be lucky with a 3-15-0 when this next 10 game stretch is over.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
How did Zadorov look?

In the limited time I thought he looked good. He got burned by Doughty on one play, but it is Doughty against a teenager.

what I liked most is he didnt give up on the play and chased him down. Next series he plastered him along the boards. Kid plays with a ton of heart and [compete] and has quite a physical edge to his game.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Ennis is highly skilled but does way to much. He takes away the value of his teammates because he always has the puck. Tries to dangle everyone, skate all over the place, and yet generally loses the puck or doesn't accomplish anything. I've really become burned out with him. For him to be successful he needs to play more N/S and use his speed to beat a guy 1/1, and use his line mates.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He was averaging just shy of 26mins before the last two games. In the last two he spent a lot of time in the box.

Anyway complaining about Myers ice time is pretty bizarre in light of how much he is playing.

You might want to re read - yet, sure enough, like flies to ****, HERE COMES JOSHJULL WHEN SOMEONE CRITICIZES SOMETHING ABOUT JOSH AND TED's EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!!! (I know you're not josh. But you get it) You don't like to see Nolan called out for anything, since he was a good coach in 1997.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad