Post-Game Talk (GBU): If all Condors were this ornery we wouldn't need captive breeding programs

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Ennis led the team in time on ice.

I'm tired of spreading out the minutes on the blue line. You need to start riding Myers and Ristolainen and give them 25+ minutes.

I know Myers would've had more if he wasn't perpetually in the box, but still. This coaching baffles me. I laugh at those who thought we'd see better days after Ruff. Rolston was abysmal and this Nolan experiment needs to come to a halt.

Myers is already getting those kinds of minutes, pretty sure he's top 10 in the league for TOI/G. Risto's not getting anywhere near that, though.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Could be his impersonation of Ovechkin on second goal that lowered him from ugly to putrid for me.

I have a tough time getting on ennis when he is at least always buzzing. Especially with the way Hodgson and Moulson and ****ing Foligno have played.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Ennis led the team in time on ice.

I'm tired of spreading out the minutes on the blue line. You need to start riding Myers and Ristolainen and give them 25+ minutes.

I know Myers would've had more if he wasn't perpetually in the box, but still. This coaching baffles me. I laugh at those who thought we'd see better days after Ruff. Rolston was abysmal and this Nolan experiment needs to come to a halt.

Myers - 24:44
Gorges - 21:36
Benoit - 21:11
Meszo - 18:57
Weber - 16:26
Strachan - 15:52
Risto - 15:50
Zads - 5:12

how long until we break the 1.5 gpg mark?

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Risto should be getting 15-18 minutes per night in my opinion

why is Benoit getting 21 minutes? I'm about to give up...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I have a tough time getting on ennis when he is at least always buzzing. Especially with the way Hodgson and Moulson and ****ing Foligno have played.

What are your expectations of FOligno? .... I thought he was good tonight.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Myers - 24:44
Gorges - 21:36
Benoit - 21:11
Meszo - 18:57
Weber - 16:26
Strachan - 15:52
Risto - 15:50
Zads - 5:12

how long until we break the 1.5 gpg mark?
A while

What are your expectations of FOligno? .... I thought he was good tonight.

My expectations have been lowered massively since he has spent about 100+ consecutive games floating around nonchalantly. I would like to see him be physically imposing and noticeable on the forecheck... He floats, turns the puck over inside the offensive zone blue line, and doesn't seem to be engaged much.

It's disappointing.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
These last two games have been noticeably better overall with regards to work ethic... But like Stewart said, if it doesn't translate to much success, it doesn't mean all that much - though for a bottom feeder, you do want to see them not be steamrolled nightly and be a bit tougher of an out for opponents. I think that was the case tonight and last night versus Anaheim.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
A while

My expectations have been lowered massively since he has spent about 100+ consecutive games floating around nonchalantly. I would like to see him be physically imposing and noticeable on the forecheck... He floats, turns the puck over inside the offensive zone blue line, and doesn't seem to be engaged much.

It's disappointing.

I agree with the bad passes... but I think he's been engaged. I think he still has consistency issues in that regard but he's improved this yeaer imo.

He just really shouldnt be in the top 6.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Doughty is pretty good. So is Kopitar. And Quick.

But that's not news.

News would be the ohfer that is our PP this year. Yikes.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I agree with the bad passes... but I think he's been engaged. I think he still has consistency issues in that regard but he's improved this yeaer imo.

He just really shouldnt be in the top 6.

I liked his game against Florida. That was the only game in which I thought he wasn't a waste. I really don't see much improvement.

And he's such a potentially impactful player.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
He's averaging 24:44 as of now, yeah. Id give him more.

he was at just under 25:56 TOI going into this roadtrip and hes had 21:29 and 21:29 TOI in ANA and LA, pre road trip he was 7th in TOI he's currently 14th

Its the rest of the lineup im starting to question, cutting a guys minutes on 3 games in 4 night stretch isn't unusual. I don't care that he's not forcing Risto and Zads into more minutes, but it bothers me that Benoit and Meszaros get so much ice time and you just can't justify it. The "he doesn't trust young kids" argument doesn't jive because the guys he is trusting have fumbled and ****ed it up time and time again. If you can't see that those 2 blow hot ice and play young guys FOR THE SAKE OF THE REST OF THE TEAM, then its starting to border on bull headed stupidity and gross negligence.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
I liked his game against Florida. That was the only game in which I thought he wasn't a waste. I really don't see much improvement.

And he's such a potentially impactful player.

He's dipped to the point that I question if he survives the rebuild.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Can we just play Canes all season? Who wins the series gets 1st pick? :sarcasm:

On the serious note. It is just me, or it seems that players are massively sacrificing offensive possession, and chances in general, for defensive responsibility`s? Like how many times we dump and chase, but all of our players get there, when the battle for the puck is already over. Not even mentioning, that entering the zone without D&C, happens only on PP, losing the puck on the blueline, is too much of a threat.

Bps21*

Ristolainen passed Weber for ice time tonight for the first time. And he got almost a full minute of PP time. That's a step in the right direction since he has done nothing but earn more time.

I don't get playing Zadorov for 6 minutes. He did all he could in that time I guess...but 6 minutes of defense time...what can you do. He recorded a shot on goal, a blocked shot and 2 hits. You knew when he was out there.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Honestly one thing I truly love about Zadorov is when they were talking about how badlyyyyyy this kid is itching to play. Telling Rob ray before the game earlier today "get your popcorn out I'm in tonight". The kid played barely 6 minutes, for someone who's been dying to get on the ice playing just 6 mins and then getting scratched again can be demoralizing. Honestly he was better than Benoit, Meszaros, and besides Weber's one play on that 1 on 1 he was better than him too.
I'm sick of him just sitting there, just unleash him and let him play here regularly on the 3rd pairing.

Bps21*

I thought about the immediate rescratch earlier today. That would probably be the worst thing they could do. To put him back in the box after giving him a token 6 minutes.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Can we just play Canes all season? Who wins the series gets 1st pick? :sarcasm:

On the serious note. It is just me, or it seems that players are massively sacrificing offensive possession, and chances in general, for defensive responsibility`s? Like how many times we dump and chase, but all of our players get there, when the battle for the puck is already over. Not even mentioning, that entering the zone without D&C, happens only on PP, losing the puck on the blueline, is too much of a threat.

Not as much as there's just no flow to the offensive game at all...the breakouts are atrocious, the passing is friggin terrible, and the powerplay is cat vomit. It's almost like they have a coach who isn't an X's and O's guy.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
G: Good to see Staff stand up to his former teammate, McNabb. Enroth was good. Weber had a decent game. Zemgus.

B: Shutout again.

U: Rod Brind'amour and the winless Canes.

Bps21*

Foligno is the kind of guy who could get moved just because guys like that...there are always teams that will give them chances and think they can get it out of them.

It's tough to tell with much of anyone at this point. I bet murray doesn't like most of them. I know hodgson just keeps on getting worse. As soon the seasons over...I dump him for a sack of pucks. His negative plays so far outweigh the positive at this point that just removing him, benoit and Meszaros...you've improved the team for real...not for pretend like this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad