IF 3 on 3 happens, which players would be hard to stop ?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
RNH-Hall-Klefbom.

Would love to see Hall in a 3 on 3 situation with space, RNH too. Klefbom is best two way defender

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Chris Kreider

He would kill the goalie and slew foot the other 3 players before anyone had time to react. HF Boards would explode. Of course because he is the dirtiest player in the NHL (according to HF Board posters) he would be suspended for one shift.

LOL!!!!

Really not the dirtiest...barely top 3

Just felt like I should defend him

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Jan Mursak if he returned to NHL. ´I have watched him play lately in KHL even better player than Kovalchuk even Radulov... He has almost Antti Pihlström/Darren Helm level speed his hands are about same level as Granlund's and his hockey sense vision etc are David Vyborny level i would argue that these days Mursak is same level player as Giroux Bäckström maybe even better about Malkin calibre ?:amazed:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jan Mursak if he returned to NHL. ´I have watched him play lately in KHL even better player than Kovalchuk even Radulov... He has almost Antti Pihlström/Darren Helm level speed his hands are about same level as Granlund's and his hockey sense vision etc are David Vyborny level i would argue that these days Mursak is same level player as Giroux Bäckström maybe even better about Malkin calibre ?:amazed:

He is not that good. But a lot of Detroit fans remain defenders to this day. He just never caught a break in terms of the injuries. He was fantastic in Grand Rapids Calder win in the AHL and has been very solid in the KHL. An elite level skater with some finish in terms of elevating his wrist shot. I don't think he belongs in this discussion however, I am hopeful he finds his way back to the NHL with someone.

I will say having watched this play out at the AHL level a few times, the counter-punch is generally what ends this. The other team cedes possession or when they lose the draw they set up in man on man or a very tight box and wait for the other team to get overaggressive. Now I think at the NHL level more often when you sit back the all-world talents will end your night off the hop. But I can say at the AHL level it is actually usually the second teams push that ends it as the first team generally over-extends themselves and they lose on the counter.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
On the flip side, who are the players who tend to aim for the corners that miss wildly a lot, ringing the puck around the boards will result in an unforced rush the other way.

Oh man, that's gonna frustrate a lot of people.

He doesn't miss wildly a lot, but I think for as often as he does appear in this thread Datsyuk can be too fine with his shot selection at times. Now on the positive side you have a feeling he will eliminate the miss somehow either through understanding not to put quite as much on it or just by taking it away defensively afterwards.

Both Tatar and Datsyuk miss wide with heavy shots though that can be an undoing in this particular setting.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Kessel will just skate down the wing and score on that snap shot he always does every single 3 on 3 overtime. There will be no way to avoid it with 3 on 3.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
A lot of the players mentioned so far would be great when their team has possession but I can't see them being particular good at defending in a 3v3 situation especially if their team is only icing one dman. As a Canucks fan I think the Sedins would be fantastic if we could get possession quick but would get crushed defensively against a team with a few quick forwards 3v3. Should be interesting, must say I'm actually pretty excited to start seeing this.

MNRinkRat*

For the Wild:

Granlund - Spurgeon - Dumba

Would be pretty fun to watch, although Yeo would never have that trio out there. Granlund would be sick as heck to watch with all that open ice.

Yeo's trio:

Koivu - Brodin - Suter .... :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad