Ideal Seattle name and theme

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I still say it should be a regional name to cash on the whole area ala arz. Cascadia Crabs or PNW Pollywogs or Washington Whipperwills or whatnot. (Names satirical, regional scheme serious)

side thought: isn’t it kinda interesting how alliteration seems incredibly attractive to virtually everyone when brainstorming a franchise name, yet almost no NHL teams follow an alliterative naming scheme? (4 of 31)

What’s up with that, marketing gurus of HF?

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Is the maple leaf a popular symbol for anything? Anything at all? (not a trick question)
upload_2020-7-12_11-54-0.jpeg

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Pretty sure you'd get over it.

If people could somehow wipe their knowledge of team names we'd have some hilarious debates about what to name them.

Bruins in Boston? There's no bears there.
Rangers in New York? Just because the owner was from Texas?
What the f*** are Maple Leafs?
Calgary Flames? Oh yeah the great burning of Calgary in 1865 when Sherman marched through. :laugh:
etc.... etc.....

The names just invoke the team in a short period of time. And I think if they go with Kraken they could go in a lot of different directions with it's iconography and lore. I'm presuming here that they're not going to try and hew to some exact legend from medieval Scandinavia. I think it would work if they build their own idea of a tentacled sea monster.
It has nothing to do being geographically incorrect. I just think it's a stupid name

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Seattle Grinders. The logo would be your typical barista but with a scowl and hockey stick.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I still say it should be a regional name to cash on the whole area ala arz. Cascadia Crabs or PNW Pollywogs or Washington Whipperwills or whatnot. (Names satirical, regional scheme serious)

side thought: isn’t it kinda interesting how alliteration seems incredibly attractive to virtually everyone when brainstorming a franchise name, yet almost no NHL teams follow an alliterative naming scheme? (4 of 31)

What’s up with that, marketing gurus of HF?

Seattle Sequoias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad