Ideal AHL team name for every NHL team

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Manchester Monarchs is probably the best example currently, although Princes would be a more fitting name.

Here are some that I thought of...

Anaheim - Ducklings
St. Louis - Baby Blues (with baby blue as their primary color of course)
Islanders - Fishermen (using the Fisherman logo and uniforms)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pittsburgh - Macaronis
macaroni-penguin-wallpaper-8.jpg

JETZZZ

Oct 27, 2010
Winnipeg Manitoba
Personally, Id like to see each AHL team have their own identity and not have their NHL affiliates name or logo all over the place. For example, the Rochester Americans

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Personally, Id like to see each AHL team have their own identity and not have their NHL affiliates name or logo all over the place. For example, the Rochester Americans

Interesting example, as the Rochester Americans are the spiritual successors to the NHL New York Americans.
1956-57.jpg
NYAPhoto2.jpg

Don't get me wrong, they have the best branding in the league IMO, just pointing out the origins of the monicker and look.

I agree, but I get why teams do it in some cases. Having Wilkes-Barre/Scranton named the Penguins puts their NHL owners in the forefront when 6 NHL teams are closer to WBS than Pittsburgh while still being in Pittsburgh's television market. Having teams share a name 1,000 miles away is just lazy. I still would have preferred WBS gone with Hornets, given the link with Pittsburgh and the AHL, but I get why the Penguins did it.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
:nucks

If we're going by the Canucks' current identity/logo, I've always thought the ideal name for our farm team would be the 'Orcas'.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Manchester Monarchs is probably the best example currently, although Princes would be a more fitting name.

Here are some that I thought of...

Anaheim - Ducklings
St. Louis - Baby Blues (with baby blue as their primary color of course)
Islanders - Fishermen (using the Fisherman logo and uniforms)

Clearly they should be the Peninsulars ;)

zzmoto

May 28, 2011
location, location
Calgary - Sparks
Minnesota - Feral
Toronto - Buds
Carolina - Breeze
Columbus - Blue Shirts
Dallas - Starlets
Philadelphia - Jumpers
Buffalo - Daggers
Florida - Kittens