Proposal: Idea for Colesium isles/leafs game

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
I think this is a fantastic idea for management and fans like myself would benefit.
I’ve got a 91 jersey I refuse to wear moving fwd- I want to replace the number and name plate with a loyal soldier. I don’t know where to go, and maybe the team could help.

How about they set up a booth on game day to help fans do this? Everyone would arrive much earlier, and probably drink and eat more because of this. More money for the team and the fans also benefit.

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
Good idea, it's very easy to change/or attach a nameplate with Goring on the back. For you youngsters, it would be an honor to wear his jersey. He was an integral cog in the Dynasty machine.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Figured I’d spread this around in appropriate places.

Spreading around PJB quotes in appropriate places. Now what does that bring to mind?

Richmond-Sand-Gravel-Landscaping-Bagged-Products-Premium-Cow-Manure.jpg

Reactions: Quicklime

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I don’t get it

He got the Hockey Night in Canada towel during Leafs-Pens game and people are freaking out over absolute nothing. Oh, sorry, over a towel. That he could get playing for every team in the NHL. So of course we need to burn him alive, because it somehow represents how he always wanted to play for the Leafs.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
life goes on ... got a nice blank isles jersey for 52 bucks online , gonna wear it to the cats/ isles game on sat ... looking forward to what trotz lou and the team can do

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Actually the most impactful thing a fan can do is never mention or acknowledge him. As if he was insignificant. I don't believe that will happen but it would have the greatest impact.

THIS TIMES A MILLION

No booing. No cheering. As if he was never part of the organization.

Never happen but one can dream

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
He got the Hockey Night in Canada towel during Leafs-Pens game and people are freaking out over absolute nothing. Oh, sorry, over a towel. That he could get playing for every team in the NHL. So of course we need to burn him alive, because it somehow represents how he always wanted to play for the Leafs.
I see... lol.. thx for explaining. I agree it all sounds a bit silly.

I still hate his guts.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I can't actively participate in a thread which has a massive spelling error in the title.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I see... lol.. thx for explaining. I agree it all sounds a bit silly.

I still hate his guts.

Eh, you can still hate his guts and be a reasonable human being that is not blowing things out of proportion.

So the islanders dont hand out towels after games? I dont get it.

Apparently the towel is a big deal. Or more like the show is a big deal, so the towel is a pretty souvenir or something. It's probably a Canadian thing, I guess.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
THIS TIMES A MILLION

No booing. No cheering. As if he was never part of the organization.

Never happen but one can dream

I concur, it will never happen. I just hope they don't do some melodramatic tribute to him - drop the puck and have Komarov stalk him all night.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
There should be some chatter going around the stands telling people that if there is a tribute video, the crowd should stand and turn their backs. I hope enough people do that and others follow suit.

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Actually the most impactful thing a fan can do is never mention or acknowledge him. As if he was insignificant. I don't believe that will happen but it would have the greatest impact.

100% correct. He is Kirk Mueller v2.0. Period.

To those fans who have a 91 jersey — FOUR options for you. No need to waste money trashing the jersey or burning it.
Besides — the name on the front, means a helluva lot more then the one on the back!

1) Just change the name plate to "Goring."

2) Flip the 91 to 19 and put "Trottier" on it.

3) Remove the 9, keep the 1 and put "Greiss," "Resch" or "Melanson" on it.

4) Remove the 1, keep the 9 and but "Gillies" on the back. Nice thing about that — you can keep the "C" too.

Of course, you can change the name and numbers altogether too.

I think the OPs idea is a good one by the way. Just think the team can expand on it.

My last hope involving this former player — the franchise MUST NOT — under any circumstances, offer up any kind of tribute video in any way shape or form. NONE.

Reactions: Quicklime

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006

My last hope involving this former player — the franchise MUST NOT — under any circumstances, offer up any kind of tribute video in any way shape or form. NONE.

They're going to...

So every fan in attendance should turn their back to the scoreboard until it's over... just like he turned his back on us...

Reactions: HyeDray

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Actually, he's not at all in any fashion like Kirk Muller. He never refused to play for the Islanders, and never asked to be traded. He just left when his contract was up (albeit in shitty fashion).

There's actually no other player in franchise history that he can be compared to. When Barzal leaves for Vancouver when he's UFA, we can tag him as John Tavares 2.0.

Reactions: And You Feel Shame

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
They're going to...

So every fan in attendance should turn their back to the scoreboard until it's over... just like he turned his back on us...
i guess we'll have to wait and see as apparently LL has an unwritten rule where he doesn't do tributes to former players returning playing for a new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad