Proposal: Idea for Colesium isles/leafs game

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
It would be funny if Toronto decided to sit Tavares for this game. Of course that wouldnt happen And no way would the league be happy about that either.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
100% correct. He is Kirk Mueller v2.0. Period.

To those fans who have a 91 jersey — FOUR options for you. No need to waste money trashing the jersey or burning it.
Besides — the name on the front, means a helluva lot more then the one on the back!

1) Just change the name plate to "Goring."

2) Flip the 91 to 19 and put "Trottier" on it.

3) Remove the 9, keep the 1 and put "Greiss," "Resch" or "Melanson" on it.

4) Remove the 1, keep the 9 and but "Gillies" on the back. Nice thing about that — you can keep the "C" too.

Of course, you can change the name and numbers altogether too.

I think the OPs idea is a good one by the way. Just think the team can expand on it.

My last hope involving this former player — the franchise MUST NOT — under any circumstances, offer up any kind of tribute video in any way shape or form. NONE.

5) They can do whatever they decide to do with their own jersey and just keep it the way it is.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
When the dynasty guys pass in the next 10 years you will need JT to come around the next 30 years.

Who exactly is "you" and what exactly will they need JT to do when he "comes around?"

The dynasty guys are in the early/mid 60's. Let's hope it's more like 20 years before they start to pass away.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
JT leaving (go back to our PM's when Trotz was hired.. you were right) is a move that brought this fanbase back together as a sort of new age. I do not think the fanbase will ever truly move on from something like this. When this team is a true playoff contender posters will say things along the lines of "thank God JT left." That cap hit and how it would've affected this team is something that will always be debated.

No, of course we won't, because him leaving was a huge - doesn't matter if you think bad or good - thing. I just meant it more like "don't go dumpster diving in every sentence he says" for something that could be, sometimes mostly in people's minds, connected to the Isles. He's not throwing shade at his old team, he's just excited for the new chapter of his life, as corny as this sounds. And I think we should be excited too.

But maybe it comes from the fact that I don't blame Tavares for leaving, I just blame him for the way he left.

And hey, maybe we'll even get lucky this year and land a wildcard spot. That would be cool.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
No, of course we won't, because him leaving was a huge - doesn't matter if you think bad or good - thing. I just meant it more like "don't go dumpster diving in every sentence he says" for something that could be, sometimes mostly in people's minds, connected to the Isles. He's not throwing shade at his old team, he's just excited for the new chapter of his life, as corny as this sounds. And I think we should be excited too.

But maybe it comes from the fact that I don't blame Tavares for leaving, I just blame him for the way he left.

And hey, maybe we'll even get lucky this year and land a wildcard spot. That would be cool.

The bolded is what everyone believes I think. Or the vast majority of the fanbase at least.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

Yep. I don't blame him for leaving either. The way he left did bother me but not to the point of all this crazy animosity. To me booing a star player and good dude who did not cause a ruckus or has not disrespected teammates or the Islanders organization is petty.
This isn't fake wrestling or a hated rival like a NY Rangers player or a UFC title match. If Tavares signed with the NY Rangers than I get it. But booing because people think he lied and snuck out on the team when no one even knows the real truth seems petty. Just my opinion. Maybe he did change his mind or was convinced to leave by his family and fiancée. Who knows if he was a goner at the deadline or not?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Isles should invite some random guy who played a handful of games with them, and then during a break in the 1st period action the PA guy can say that the Isles would like to pay tribute to a great ex-Islander for his contributions to the team... Petr Mika. Show a clip from one of his 4 games with the Isles. And the fans give an extended standing ovation. Back to the game.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The Isles should invite some random guy who played a handful of games with them, and then during a break in the 1st period action the PA guy can say that the Isles would like to pay tribute to a great ex-Islander for his contributions to the team... Petr Mika. Show a clip from one of his 4 games with the Isles. And the fans give an extended standing ovation. Back to the game.

I nominate Kael Moullierat

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Yep. I don't blame him for leaving either. The way he left did bother me but not to the point of all this crazy animosity. To me booing a star player and good dude who did not cause a ruckus or has not disrespected teammates or the Islanders organization is petty.
This isn't fake wrestling or a hated rival like a NY Rangers player or a UFC title match. If Tavares signed with the NY Rangers than I get it. But booing because people think he lied and snuck out on the team when no one even knows the real truth seems petty. Just my opinion. Maybe he did change his mind or was convinced to leave by his family and fiancée. Who knows if he was a goner at the deadline or not?
Huh?

Of course you boo him! He voluntarily LEFT the team, rejected the Isles offer and took LESS money. He left the team in a lurch. And this doesn't even take into account HOW he left (which I think we can all agree could not have been handled any worse by Pajama Boy).

Is it petty? I guess. Personally I think it's more weird than anything. Grown men yelling and cheering at 20 year olds playing a game? Whether it's booing Tavares or celebrating like crazy when he won the Florida series, it's all the same. Irrational fanatical behavior. :) That's why we're here discussing every minutia of the team.

I don't care WHY he left. He left and drastically weakened the team as a result. HOW he left was ridiculous as well. So, boo loud and boo proud Islanders fans!

Pajama Boy is dead to me and should be dead to every Islander fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad