Proposal: Idea for Colesium isles/leafs game

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Actually the most impactful thing a fan can do is never mention or acknowledge him. As if he was insignificant. I don't believe that will happen but it would have the greatest impact.
]
yea it would until he wins a cup on the Leafs, as of right now I am sure he cares about his legacy on the Islanders as that is all he has, but if he is getting that cup the Islanders are going to be as significant as that Swiss team he played on during the lockout and he is going to laugh at any boos or back turns that come his way

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Hopefully there wont be any knuckleheads booing the Canadian National Anthem. Off topic, I know. Boo the player all you want, but stay classy.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
100% correct. He is Kirk Mueller v2.0. Period.

To those fans who have a 91 jersey — FOUR options for you. No need to waste money trashing the jersey or burning it.
Besides — the name on the front, means a helluva lot more then the one on the back!

1) Just change the name plate to "Goring."

2) Flip the 91 to 19 and put "Trottier" on it.

3) Remove the 9, keep the 1 and put "Greiss," "Resch" or "Melanson" on it.

4) Remove the 1, keep the 9 and but "Gillies" on the back. Nice thing about that — you can keep the "C" too.

Of course, you can change the name and numbers altogether too.

I think the OPs idea is a good one by the way. Just think the team can expand on it.

My last hope involving this former player — the franchise MUST NOT — under any circumstances, offer up any kind of tribute video in any way shape or form. NONE.
oh there will be a video tribute, and I am guessing there will be a couple of thousand Leaf fans in attendance who are going to give him applause, maybe 15% of the Islander fans are going to applause him, and I am guessing the Islanders bench is going to stand up and tap their stick, kind of like the Avalanche players gave Duchene a welcome back though they did not look thrilled at doing it

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Is that idea for Calcium or Coleslaw?
Collies, see 'em?

3f258c91d57247faecf2fb50e8b4fa14.jpg

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
**** that boo him into oblivion. Being the bigger man is overrated I want him to know how much we hate him.

Couldn't have said it better myself. . I couldn't care less if I got the silent treatment. I would care about loud booing and jerseys set on fire being thrown at me. :thumbu:

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I am guessing there will be a couple of thousand Leaf fans in attendance who are going to give him applause

Maybe hand clapping will be ok, but any jumping up and cheering could be a bad idea - especially if Isles are getting drubbed

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He got the Hockey Night in Canada towel during Leafs-Pens game and people are freaking out over absolute nothing. Oh, sorry, over a towel. That he could get playing for every team in the NHL. So of course we need to burn him alive, because it somehow represents how he always wanted to play for the Leafs.
If you can't see how that was a cheap shot and reflective of what he thinks about the Isles and his time here I can't help you. He may as well just said "after years of playing for a team I never cared about I'm finally living out my dream".

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Your anger is misplaced. The second Tavares said he didn't want to be traded Snow should have slid an extension across the desk and said sign it. When Tavares didn't sign it Snow should have said we have to deal you then. Tavares did what every human being would have done, he had a dream and had the opportunity to live it out. Up until that moment, he did what he was supposed to do. Toed the company line.

Can you call him a lair, sure, can you get mad, sure but what's the sense? Go to the game root your team on , who are doing quite well without him I might add, and hope they win. Put Tavares in the rear view mirror and move on.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
THIS TIMES A MILLION

No booing. No cheering. As if he was never part of the organization.

Never happen but one can dream

Disagree, for a team that has had a history of bad attendance, i think being silent will just reaffirm what the general public believes, Isles fans don't care and there aren't many of us

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
When the dynasty guys pass in the next 10 years you will need JT to come around the next 30 years. I thought fans were going to boo him last year when they said he wanted to go UFA. I thought no way islander fans were going to cheer him all season knowing he was leaving.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
When the dynasty guys pass in the next 10 years you will need JT to come around the next 30 years. I thought fans were going to boo him last year when they said he wanted to go UFA. I thought no way islander fans were going to cheer him all season knowing he was leaving.

Yeah, people are totally not going to ever cheer JT unless he somehow comes back and wins a Cup with them. It won't ever happen. They don't need to cheer him because they are a real franchise now. f*** him.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The team will bring back Marty Reasoner and Brian Strait for alumni appearances before Captain Pajamas.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
If you can't see how that was a cheap shot and reflective of what he thinks about the Isles and his time here I can't help you. He may as well just said "after years of playing for a team I never cared about I'm finally living out my dream".

No, I don't see that at all. He probably doesn't even think about the Islanders when he's answering questions. He moved on. Maybe it's time this fanbase did that too.

Reactions: Strummergas

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Burning his jersey seems weird enough. Tavares doesn't owe the fans anything. All he did was play hard and captain the team for many years leading them to the playoffs and himself to the allstar team. I won't be at this game.

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
No, I don't see that at all. He probably doesn't even think about the Islanders when he's answering questions. He moved on. Maybe it's time this fanbase did that too.

JT leaving (go back to our PM's when Trotz was hired.. you were right) is a move that brought this fanbase back together as a sort of new age. I do not think the fanbase will ever truly move on from something like this. When this team is a true playoff contender posters will say things along the lines of "thank God JT left." That cap hit and how it would've affected this team is something that will always be debated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->