Proposal: Idea for a Arizona-Montreal-Nashville deal

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
So the Habs ship out Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Byron, MTL 2018 1st, MTL 2018 2nd for OEL and Stepan. I can't see the Habs paying that kind of price especially with their 2018 1st maybe ending up being a top 5 pick. Also I don't see adding OEL and Stepan making this Habs team any better than what they currently are with Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, and Byron.

Plus the Habs shouldn't be trading any picks right now and especially not a potentially high 1st round pick this year. Way too steep of a price for me so no deal from this Habs fan.

Sounds crazy I know, but don't forget you guys have Bergebin as GM.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sounds crazy I know, but don't forget you guys have Bergebin as GM.

I can't argue that one. :) He has said many times though that he won't sacrifice the future for immediate help so that gives us a little hope I guess but he still trades picks regularly so who knows. Also trading a younger Subban and Sergachev for older players is what he said he wouldn't do so I don't think he even knows what the hell he's doing himself. Says one thing and does the opposite. Someone really needs to save us Hab fans from this incompetence. :)

Reactions: powerstuck

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I like the concept of the OP but Habs pay too much. Nashville not enough.

Also, as a Habs fan, i wouldn't go for Stepan as center solution. I would keep my assets to go for O'Reilly.

As far as OP goes what about :

To Habs : OEL + Strome
Nasville : Pacioretty
Arizona : Mtl 2018 1st (top 10 protected - becomes 2019 1st), Juulsen, Chi 2018 2nd, Fiala, Dougherty
This is worse for Arizona than the OP offer which was bad, this is horrendous.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Yeah sure eh!
OEL with 20 points in 45 games and -40.

Pacioretty is a 30+ goals 60+ points forward.

When making this comparison why would you use a career average for Patches, but then use OEL's current season?!?!?!

Shouldn't you use this instead:

Patches - 30+g, 60+p
OEL - 20+g, 45+p

OR

Patches - 20+g, 40+p
OEL - 15+g, 40+p

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
You understand that OEL has played for the worst team in the league since coming into the NHL, right? Paches has had the privilege of playing in front of the best goaltender in the league and a ton of talent to compensate along the way. So when you look at +/- the stat means nothing when you play 20+ minutes with awful goaltending and no back up staff to help.

Montreal doesn't have the assests to get OEL unless they destroy what little future they have left in the Carey Price era.

How does the worst team in the NHL make it to the Western Conference Finals with OEL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs trade: Galchenyuk, Patch, Byron, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd

Habs get: 2 years of OEL and a cap dump.

No thanks. Habs will do a reset or retool but we are not trading any picks away and our targets are age 25 and under players.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Had the idea yesterday and can't decide if it is feasible or not, but figured I would throw it out here and see what reaction it got. I am not very familiar with either Arizona's or Montreal's actual long term needs, just assuming Arizona is still in a rebuild and Montreal is trying to retool, so I mean no offense if I completely missed the mark. Here goes:

To Arizona:
Max Pacioretty, Pontus Aberg, Jack Dougherty, NSH 2018 1st, MTL 2018 1st, MTL 2018 2nd

To Montreal:
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Derek Stepan

To Nashville:
Alex Galchenyuk, Paul Byron
Montreal would have zero interest in Stepan. He's likely the worst player of all, when it comes to value for contract. Trading Max should bring in picks. Not sending this years first and second along with Galchenyuk. OEL is a nice get, but given that Stepan is little more than a throw in imo, the price is way, way too steep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad