OT: Ice Storm North of Montreal

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah, that was the worst of it. Saw a few cars that went off the road between Drummondville and Levis (nothing serious, but that can’t be fun getting stuck in the middle of the highway).

I stayed in the right lane and kept it slow and steady. Too much snow on the highway to maintain high speed.
Gotta keep them winter tires on a little longer lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You’re a good man, wish I had a neighbor like you. Instead of that, I’m stuck with this mobster-like neighbor who moved in last year and who blasts Euro trash music from the 80s, morning til night during the summer. His musical choices alone should be illegal.

Nobody wants to call the cops on the guy as there may be payback and he’s got 180 degree cameras installed all around his house. I’m putting my house for sale soon. :laugh:
Come on @Runner77 .....feel it brother

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You’re a good man, wish I had a neighbor like you. Instead of that, I’m stuck with this mobster-like neighbor who moved in last year and who blasts Euro trash music from the 80s, morning til night during the summer. His musical choices alone should be illegal.

Nobody wants to call the cops on the guy as there may be payback and he’s got 180 degree cameras installed all around his house. I’m putting my house for sale soon. :laugh:
Jesus effing Christ I got pissed off just reading this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jesus effing Christ I got pissed off just reading this.

It’s the truth. I keep seeing shady guys in massive SUVs park in front of the guy’s driveway. I have managed not to speak to the guy for over a year. I’m selling my home, this guy is a ticking time bomb. I don’t want to be caught in a possible crossfire down the line.

Good neighbors are a critical component of peace of mind.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Gotta keep them winter tires on a little longer lol

I travel a lot for work, and I was due for an oil change, so didn't have much choice but to get it done last week when I had the time. It's OK, reminds me of when I used to run all-seasons on my car when I first started driving. As long as you reduce speed and respect the reduced grip, it's not so bad.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had scheduled a tire change for Friday. Now I’m having second thoughts.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
It’s the truth. I keep seeing shady guys in massive SUVs park in front of the guy’s driveway. I have managed not to speak to the guy for over a year. I’m selling my home, this guy is a ticking time bomb. I don’t want to be caught in a possible crossfire down the line.

My neighbour loves me because I let her parked on our shared driveway (3/4 of which belong to me). My house used to belong to a Hell's Angel who told her that she cannot have wheels of her car on his land. She had to park on the street for years.

My favorite neigbours (on the other side) is a chineese couple who bought their house ~4 years ago. They are never here, I saw them like 5 times. :)

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My neighbour loves me because I let her parked on our shared driveway (3/4 of which belong to me). My house used to belong to a Hell's Angel who told her that she cannot have wheels of her car on his land. She had to park on the street for years.

My favorite neigbours (on the other side) are chineese couple who bought their house ~4 years ago. They are never here, I saw them like 5 times. :)

I’m everyone’s favorite neighbor, I just mind my own business.

I mind my business so much that in the previous neighborhood I used to live in, my next door neighbor passed away in the winter and I only found out in the summer when the guy’s wife decided that she needed to tell me. I probably would have moved and not found out had she not taken the initiative to tell me. I don’t think we even talked after that. I couldn’t even remember what her husband looked like.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
well, me too. I mind my own bisiness and just say 'hello' to some of them. we have lived in this house for 20 years. people came and went, children became adults....

Only one guy introduced himself on my street. I don’t know anyone else and don’t care to know. It’s nice to have a safe distance from people who are only geographically relevant.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Wow, that actually seems like a stressful situation to me, you really need to get out of there. Did you get your power back yet?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow, that actually seems like a stressful situation to me, you really need to get out of there. Did you get your power back yet?

Still no power. Plus wasn’t able to sleep at a relative’s home. When it’s not your bed, you can get restless.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Still no power. Plus wasn’t able to sleep at a relative’s home. When it’s not your bed, you can get restless.
I have seen power outages like that in this part of Canada and it is not easy to deal with but being in a city makes it that much tougher. There must be plenty of chaos especially when it comes to getting food and water. What about infrastructure related things, are they running on emergency power?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have seen power outages like that in this part of Canada and it is not easy to deal with but being in a city makes it that much tougher. There must be plenty of chaos especially when it comes to getting food and water. What about infrastructure related things, are they running on emergency power?

I wouldn’t know, not exactly as informed about the news as I usually am. I did see several streets closed on account of fallen branches and trees, several businesses closed and several traffic lights not working, causing traffic jams.

Reactions: OldCraig71

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Finally got power back at around 7pm. We had lost it since Monday at around noon. Was going to go to a relative's house to spend the night as it was getting really cold. We had gotten power back for 15 minutes in the middle of the night yesterday but after 15 minutes a transformer exploded in the neighbours yard.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Temporary. Hate that stuff.

For a whole summer while I was away from home putting together roller coaster rides around 1997 I was eating junk food four times a day. Breakfast, Diner, Supper and then after working around midnight or when we would go out(which was every two days). But I never gained weight cause I was super active, I don't even remember even sitting the whole summer(except for eating).

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Power outage over. Took 48 hours. Nice to finally be able to have a home-cooked meal!

Glad to hear that you got your power back. Nothing is more disruptive than a power outage in winter. Where I am power outages are quite common. A few years ago I invested in the biggest generator I could get my hands on. It obviously doesn't power the whole house. But it allows us to keep the basic necessities we need to survive.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

:laugh::laugh: Sounds like some of my extended family members moved next door

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
After 4 days everything goes in order... Just got Videotron back... Missing 1st night of playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad