OT: Ice Storm North of Montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember people sleeping in the parking lot where I worked in ‘98. There was a family of five with their dog roughing it out of an old Volvo station wagon who kept coming in and bogarting the complementary coffee. When we figured out why they were there, we got them some food and a flat of water.

You’re a good man, wish I had a neighbor like you. Instead of that, I’m stuck with this mobster-like neighbor who moved in last year and who blasts Euro trash music from the 80s, morning til night during the summer. His musical choices alone should be illegal.

Nobody wants to call the cops on the guy as there may be payback and he’s got 180 degree cameras installed all around his house. I’m putting my house for sale soon. :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You’re a good man, wish I had a neighbor like you. Instead of that, I’m stuck with this mobster-like neighbor who moved in last year and who blasts Euro trash music from the 80s, morning til night. Nobody wants to call the cops on the guy as there may be payback. I’m putting my house for sale soon. :laugh:

I was living in NY - the dad said they threw what they could in the car and got out as soon as they could. They would call their house to see if the answering machine would pick up to let them know if the power was back on. They spent three or four days in our lot and then got more help. I can’t imagine how hard that was for them.

Reactions: Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I’ve been without power since yesterday at 2 PM. The house is cold, I’ll have a ton of food to throw out and all restaurants in my neighborhood have lineups. Some streets are blocked due to fallen trees. Yeah, it’s become unbearable, I can’t go through another night like the last. I’m going to have to crash at someone’s house.
Holy ****! Very sorry to hear this! Where do you live?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
if i'm not mistaken the first snow was on November 17th, so it's been literally 5 months of snow now

I agree, snow started earlier this year.It's really getting on my nerves now, I can't stand much more of this white garbage.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Holy ****! Very sorry to hear this! Where do you live?

Thanks for your kindness.

Eating junk food, froze last night barely slept and then I lost my charging wires for my phone and recharger. I’m beyond frustrated.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
The house behind me has electricity, the boulevard right next to me has electricity and people are blasting their christmas light still in the street. f*** this city lol.

Why on earth someone 50 feet away from me has electricity and not my house? the hell?

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

Thanks for your kindness.

Eating junk food, froze last night barely slept and then I lost my charging wires for my phone and recharger. I’m beyond frustrated.

I've been surviving on IGA's prêt à manger since yesterday, it's rough haha.

Thankfully I have a friend who somehow got powerback at 6 tonight so I can charge my stufd haha.

I'm dreading going back to the cold later though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does insurance cover any of this? Holy crap....

I doubt there’d be enough of a loss to warrant a claim. Plus the policy deductible would make it prohibitive.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
So in Chambly we got lucky, just snow earlier today but nothing like the ice north of Montreal. I left around 4:30PM to drive to Quebec City for work. Did I mention I changed out my tires already?

I've never driven 70-80 km/h on the 20, but I did for the last half of the trip. It's freaking nasty up here. Now the wind is howling around the hotel and I get the fun of driving back tomorrow to fly out to Toronto. Sigh.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The house behind me has electricity, the boulevard right next to me has electricity and people are blasting their christmas light still in the street. **** this city lol.

Why on earth someone 50 feet away from me has electricity and not my house? the hell?

Same sitch as you, several neighbors one street away have power, lol. With their Christmas lights still on. Pure slap in the face, lol.

Reactions: Karma Police

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So in Chambly we got lucky, just snow earlier today but nothing like the ice north of Montreal. I left around 4:30PM to drive to Quebec City for work. Did I mention I changed out my tires already?

I've never driven 70-80 km/h on the 20, but I did for the last half of the trip. It's freaking nasty up here. Now the wind is howling around the hotel and I get the fun of driving back tomorrow to fly out to Toronto. Sigh.

Just watch out for black ice, especially if you switched your winter tires. I heard an advisory a few hours ago.

Reactions: Montrealer

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Peanut butter sandwhich and Water here. Ate a salad for diner so I won't get scurvy :laugh:

Man, these are hardcore survival meals, lol.

I’ve junked out on McDs and Wendy’s. Regrets, I’ve had a few ...

Reactions: Lshap

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Jesus Christ what is happening in Montreal, people have no electricity? Here in Quebec it started getting really ugly in the evening almost like a snow storm but it has calmed down a bit.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Just watch out for black ice, especially if you switched your winter tires. I heard an advisory a few hours ago.

Yeah, that was the worst of it. Saw a few cars that went off the road between Drummondville and Levis (nothing serious, but that can’t be fun getting stuck in the middle of the highway).

I stayed in the right lane and kept it slow and steady. Too much snow on the highway to maintain high speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad