Post-Game Talk: Ice bird

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It’s been the elephant in the room all season. You can find some mashup of lines that work together, but Panarin hasn’t had that at any point this season.

How do you not figure out how to play with a good player like Trocheck?
I love how the cope is "he's still a net positive". A guy with that kind of talent, skill, and points of course should be a net positive. We shouldn't even be asking if he is or not. Is it not too much to ask to not turn the puck over 6 times a night? To try and play like the rest of the team? Find some chemistry with someone? Anyone?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don't think this team can make a run, but maybe Igor gets hot.
I'm of the mind that this team is going nowhere if Fox continues his bottom pairing caliber play he's put forward since before the All Star break. He hasn't been going in weeks. But yeah, Shesterkin is going to make or break this run.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So one guy in 4 years? And Fast before that?

It shouldn't be that hard to find linemates for an 11.6 million dollar player.
He plays well with everyone.

Panarin has a positive xGF% with every forward teammate except Kakko and Chytil, both of which are tiny samples.

Panarin had one bad year last year and nobody will let it go.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
The 3rd was encouraging. The team needs to muck it up a lot more so they can get engaged.
How many people does the Trouba Train need to steamroll locomotive though? Why can't they get engaged on their own?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The problem with whatever the lines are, he's going to change them again. Kreider will always end up back with Zibs. Panarin will end up with Trocheck.

So how about we stop wasting time and just let those lines practice together. Put Kane with Zibs and Kreider. Put Tank back with Panarin Trocheck.

I love Tanks game. He makes mistakes but his intent is there. He's engaged. Bitching Petterrson into the boards was great to witness.

Nyr88nyg

Oct 31, 2016
Does anyone actually think this team has a shot in hell in the playoffs? They’re struggling offensively now, just wait until playoffs defense lock them down to 1 goal a game.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
They did not dominate anything. They just played a bit better than the absolute bottom of the barrell play of the 1st 2 periods.

They played "better" in the third because the Pens let up on their forecheck. Gallant's caveman hockey kicks his own team in the face on repeat.

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
This is not a playoff team without Panarin, but by all means, overreact to one play that was Gallant's fault for AGAIN leaving guys out for a minute and a half in the 3v3.

Three points in Montreal and the OT winner yesterday and you never hear "wow, Panarin really came through." Not once.

Panarin sucked last year. He's been great this year most of the season now.
I also hate gallant but get real. Does gallant have these guys micd up? It's on the players to get a line change.

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He plays well with everyone.

Panarin has a positive xGF% with every forward teammate except Kakko and Chytil, both of which are tiny samples.

Panarin had one bad year last year and nobody will let it go.
Can you admit he's playing well at times & also playing really bad at times? Sure he's putting up points, but he's also a turnover machine who's playing extremely selfishly.

I have no interest in going back & forth with this, but you're acting like the Panarin criticism is completely unjustified when it's actually pretty valid.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
This is not a playoff team without Panarin, but by all means, overreact to one play that was Gallant's fault for AGAIN leaving guys out for a minute and a half in the 3v3.

Three points in Montreal and the OT winner yesterday and you never hear "wow, Panarin really came through." Not once.

Panarin sucked last year. He's been great this year most of the season now.
Ghost an $11 million forward off any roster and that team will struggle. The question is not whether Panarin makes the Rangers better (of course he does). The question is whether Panarin is the right player to lead an NHL offense.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I will never accept that Lindgren is the key to Fox's success. He helps him for sure, but Fox should be good enough to survive on his own.

I was just asking. I don’t think it’s an injury. A lot of players get that ASG curse when they return.

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All I see from him is the usual backhand passes to no one which get turned into a chance for the other team.
Then that's what you want to see. He's been absolutely superb since like New Years.

download (25).png

download (26).png

You can count the guys driving 5v5 chance quality like Panarin is on your fingers.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
How many people does the Trouba Train need to steamroll locomotive though? Why can't they get engaged on their own?
because they're on cruise control until the Playoffs and the locker room is full of mumblers

Reavo was that emotional leader... now? who's doing it? The only way it happens is on the ice. Get involved.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad