Post-Game Talk: Ice bird

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Good third period, build on that.

Halak deserved better.

The Rangers should be able to go at least 1-1-1 in these 3 Pitt games, that shouldn’t be hard.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Basically lost the game on stupid penalties early and then late. Goodrow's was a bit iffy but everything was just lazy, undisciplined play.

Nice goal by CK but his PP miss was laughably bad
Halak was great, 4th line was very good

Defence was all over the shop, the top-9 pretty much all did some nice things but were invisible for long stretches.
We need to play from behind once in awhile. It's great they can fight back into games, but that doesn't mean we need to do it every game...

Miller needs some actual developmental coaching, Schneider needs a spell with the Pack, Mika needs a psychologist or hypnotist to make him shoot, Lindgren needs to get healthy

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
At least Halak saved 1 point, but our overall performance related to defense detail, focus, pass connection need to improve before playoffs hockey.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Still trying to understand that skate backwards strat in OT
Pull them toward you and then try to accelerate forward while they have to shift backward, to at least create an odd-man rush or better. Thing is, the other side anticipates this, and so doesn’t commit. Then you end up with a chess match: will the possessors turn it over before they tire out the defenders?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
They played great after the Trouba hit on Nylander. Penguins got bailed out by the fact that there’s no 5v5 in OT. We sent them some messages too, excited for this week. 5/6 points! The sky is falling!
Trouba has been crucial this season. He didn’t have the best on-ice start by any means — but I struggle to overstate his value. The guy just comes up big when you need him to.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Finally changed the lines and we had the best period in about a month. Why do you stick with the worst shit forever GG???

Is it okay to talk about that expensive elephant yet?

Reactions: leetch99
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Panarin was absolute trash.

His friends show up and have already gotten themselves more comfortable and fitting with the rest of the team than him. What the f*** is he doing?

Positive was the lines in the third looked good. Gallant better not galaxy brain this.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I really don't like any NHL team but the Rangers, but I really detest Pittsburgh. It brings my heart joy to think soon Sid, Malkin and Letang will move on and that lowlife system cheating franchise will be back to trying to weasel their way to another generational player. I can almost hear their cries of financial distress already as Uncle Gary caves in and gives them their way again...

Reactions: NCRanger and AirGut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad