Post-Game Talk: Ice bird

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
They played great after the Trouba hit on Nylander. Penguins got bailed out by the fact that there’s no 5v5 in OT. We sent them some messages too, excited for this week. 5/6 points! The sky is falling!
Refs knew that they had to call 1 single retaliation penalty on Trouba getting attacked and then swallowed their whistles after that when the Pens had to hold, late hit, and hook their way to OT, then ignore the Malkin interference and call the Panarin trip lol it's been a joke in Pittsburgh for 15 years

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Turned into a pretty fun game after the first half. When Lindgren comes back i'd like to see players get benched for bad pinches leading to odd man rushes. Enough is enough already.

Kane looks better on the keep it simple simple N/S line. Makes sense not to stack so many perimeter guys on the same line.

Panarin... Man when you can't find chemistry with any single linemate over 3 seasons, including the Tarasenkos and Kanes of the league, it's pretty obvious who the problem is. I mean, it was already obvious but at this point it's gone from funny to sad real quick. It takes structure to win cups and he is unable to contribute in a way that isn't a liability on any given night. He drips talent, but any team that want's to win out in a long playoff grind would have much better odds spending that 11+ Million elsewhere.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is not a playoff team without Panarin, but by all means, overreact to one play that was Gallant's fault for AGAIN leaving guys out for a minute and a half in the 3v3.

Three points in Montreal and the OT winner yesterday and you never hear "wow, Panarin really came through." Not once.

Panarin sucked last year. He's been great this year most of the season now.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
If we had won, would Yandle have buddy chatted a Ranger player in an interview?

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Really selfish play by Panarin who should have been off the ice by that point

Lines were much better in the third and we outplayed them for sure. Post away from winning that game even though it was an absolute bonehead play by Zibanejad

The positives have to be the 4th line and the fact we did settle down and give up very little in that third period. Maybe maybe found some lines that might work although I still think Mika and Trocheck should flip.

Hopefully see lindgren back

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I logged in just to comment on how much of a f***in joke the no call on Panarin was in OT. Malkin rides him, that’s fine, and uses his opposite hand to tomahawk Panarin’s top hand on his stick for a change of possession. Ref can’t see that angle but that’s a f***in joke. And then Malkin acts like he got shot yet again, like when he saw the Trochek bump from behind.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
This is not a playoff team without Panarin, but by all means, overreact to one play that was Gallant's fault for AGAIN leaving guys out for a minute and a half in the 3v3.

Three points in Montreal and the OT winner yesterday and you never hear "wow, Panarin really came through." Not once.

It would be better if he had 30 points, and wasn’t noticeable for 12 games at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
They played great after the Trouba hit on Nylander. Penguins got bailed out by the fact that there’s no 5v5 in OT. We sent them some messages too, excited for this week. 5/6 points! The sky is falling!
They still need to figure out a better overall gameplan or "get ready for the game" differently for the next 4 weeks. Heading into the playoffs with no plan would be an easy out.

Pittsburgh barely played hockey at all in the 3rd, and they came away with two.

With 16 games left, I think we need to win 10 to get into the playoffs comfortably.

Edit* Pittsburgh sucks. But we can't get a win against them, won't happen. Going to have to hope some other team beats them.

Reactions: Leonardo87

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Refs knew that they had to call 1 single retaliation penalty on Trouba getting attacked and then swallowed their whistles after that when the Pens had to hold, late hit, and hook their way to OT, then ignore the Malkin interference and call the Panarin trip lol it's been a joke in Pittsburgh for 15 years

Seriously. 20 years we’ve seen the same crap in Shittsburgh. I’ll gladly take the point.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

I'm all for blaming the coach but this is a reach. He can't make the players get off when their tired, and certainly Panarin made a ridiculous, egregiously stupid play whether tired or not

Reactions: Crease

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm all for blaming the coach but this is a reach. He can't make the players get off when their tired, and certainly Panarin made a ridiculous, egregiously stupid play whether tired or not
If he's not dictating when line changes happen, then he's not doing his job.

A shift should be about 30-60 seconds, and even shorter in OT (if possible) with more ground to cover.

We consistently send guys out there in OT for 90 second shifts even when we have the puck.

We had the puck and our opponent got a change. That's on your coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad