Value of: Ian Cole to your team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Absolutely not. Trying to get Hoffman on the low huh...

I don't see how that was an insulting offer at all.

I know Jenner has fallen on hard times, but he did score 30 goals in this league, plays a rugged game and is dripping with leadership qualities. Especially given some of the dysfunction we are hearing about in Ottawa he would be a big add in my opinion. Two very good young forwards in addition and a first. Seems like a pretty fair offer for Hoffman and Cole. I know people want a homerun but there is no reason to really believe that is coming. If the Blues or one of the other teams with a very deep farm doesn't come calling this offer could very well be the best one you get.

I like Hoffman a lot, great skater with a top 5 release in the league. However, the same reasons why he is available and never been truly embraced by Ottawa management and coaches are likely to impact his value league wide. He isn't a 200 foot player and goes through noticeable dips in his play. That isn't to say he doesn't have a ton of value, but just I don't think he is a kings ransom kind of player. I doubt he is moved for the return a lot of people keep throwing out.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I don't see how that was an insulting offer at all.

I know Jenner has fallen on hard times, but he did score 30 goals in this league, plays a rugged game and is dripping with leadership qualities. Especially given some of the dysfunction we are hearing about in Ottawa he would be a big add in my opinion. Two very good young forwards in addition and a first. Seems like a pretty fair offer for Hoffman and Cole. I know people want a homerun but there is no reason to really believe that is coming. If the Blues or one of the other teams with a very deep farm doesn't come calling this offer could very well be the best one you get.

I like Hoffman a lot, great skater with a top 5 release in the league. However, the same reasons why he is available and never been truly embraced by Ottawa management and coaches are likely to impact his value league wide. He isn't a 200 foot player and goes through noticeable dips in his play. That isn't to say he doesn't have a ton of value, but just I don't think he is a kings ransom kind of player. I doubt he is moved for the return a lot of people keep throwing out.

Is he going to be a player or our owner?

Reactions: stempniaksen

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
He's worth a late 2nd rounder to a team with hopes of a deep run in the playoffs. So Ottawa would end up with a late 1st rounder, late 2nd rounder and a top goaltending prospect for Brassard - not terrible.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
A lot of people are under valuing Ian's play here. A guy who played pretty significant minutes and well in the last two play-offs to help guide them to back to back titles. If we didn't have him, we don't win either. I'm laughing at the Sbisa comment. Cole is a lot better than him.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I think we got Hal Gill for a 2nd and a 5th back in 2008. Ian Cole is definitely worth a 2nd, guy is a playoff beast. Only downside to the Brassard trade is losing Cole.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Cole and salary dump to Vegas for a 4-th rounder they got from PP
Cole (100% retained ) and Reaves (100% retained) to PP for 5-th rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad