Value of: Ian Cole to your team.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Please trade him back to Pittsburgh for a 2nd + 2019 4th (whis is conditional turns into another 2nd if re-signed) :D. Up to 50% salary retention by OTT as required to fit under the Pens cap.

Pens then trade Hunwick for a bag of pucks or whatever they can get — in which case no salary retention from OTT is needed.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Please trade him back to Pittsburgh for a 2nd + 2019 4th (whis is conditional turns into another 2nd if re-signed) :D. Up to 50% salary retention by OTT as required to fit under the Pens cap.

Pens then trade Hunwick for a bag of pucks or whatever they can get — in which case no salary retention from OTT is needed.

Cap circumvention

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’d pay a 2nd for him to the Lightning. If nothing else he’s an upgrade on Coburn.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I would love for the Pens to trade and get him back for a 2nd but would keep Hunwick. Depth in the playoffs is important and I would love 8 deep in defense. I bet with the extra cap space we have that we get a depth defenseman. I doubt it will be Cole but I would be happy if it was just because he had proven himself in the last 2 Cup runs that he can be in our top 6 and help us win a Cup. We don’t have to project how he would fit like another D pick up.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I bet with the extra cap space we have that we get a depth defenseman.

Well it just so happens you’re in luck: Andrej Sustr has requested a trade. He has lots of playoff experience and is available for a low price. No, he’s not a mole sent to destroy your defense from within, though it will likely look that way.:D

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

I thought a player couldn't

I thought a player couldn't be traded back to his old team for at least a year's?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah but like the pens recent runs, Depth doesnt hurt, and they wouldnt have to worry about contract

Sharks have plenty of depth that moving another year's 2nd round pick for Cole is not going to be worth it. If they make a depth move, it's up front or it's swapping out DeMelo or Heed for a good righty on the 3rd pairing like Rutta.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As a pens fan I'd love to get him back as unlikely as that may be. You win with players like him. Pretty solid defensively, physical, blocks shots and better offensive instincts than one might think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad