Value of: Ian Cole to your team.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Sens 3rd from the Brassard deal and Rowney back to Sens for Cole? Or i'd offer up Pens 2nd+Rowney for Cole too. Rowney is UFA at seasons end and makes over 600K a year.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I know that's what he seems to be saying, but you'd think Cole would be traded by now if the price were just a 3rd.

Imo, the Davidson trade today drove the price up a bit. We'll see what happens.

Pens had been trying to trade Cole since December. I think Sullivan's personal issue with Cole is what's been putting teams off.

Killswitch7187

Winter is here
Jun 29, 2009
State College, PA
How about we add to the wackiness of this whole trade/ordeal by having the Penguins trade back for Cole using OTT's 3rd they traded to us + a mid-ranged prospect.

I believe it's only illegal if OTT tries to retain on Cole (back to PIT, anyway.)

Or if you want that 2nd instead knock yourself out. Just do it, JR :laugh:

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
From the leafs POV id give up STL 2019 4th round pick and then take one of the senators players who are not claimed off waivers (to save them money). Not Burrows though

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I feel like he would be a great fit in Minnesota but Ottawa would probably have to take back salary. Maybe something around Stewart + pick/prospect for Cole? Sens would still need to retain, I think, but I really feel like he'd be a valuable addition to the Wild.

Pens had been trying to trade Cole since December. I think Sullivan's personal issue with Cole is what's been putting teams off.

This seems... very untrue to me, based on what I've read.
1) The Pens apparently backed off on trading Cole and went back to relying on him as a key piece on their back-end.
2) As far as I know, there is no indication that there were personal issues between Cole and Sullivan.
3) Several Pens players were reportedly very sad to see Cole leave.
4) There is no indication that teams have been put off of Cole - in fact, it seems as though interest has been consistent, if not increasing since it was first reported he was available.

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
Sens 3rd from the Brassard deal and Rowney back to Sens for Cole? Or i'd offer up Pens 2nd+Rowney for Cole too. Rowney is UFA at seasons end and makes over 600K a year.
Penguins won't do that. They want to keep Rowney because he is the only righty-center that can take a face off.

I would say 2nd for Cole at 1.050M retained... Still would be a bit short. Would then need to pay someone to take Hunwick or something....

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Penguins won't do that. They want to keep Rowney because he is the only righty-center that can take a face off.

I would say 2nd for Cole at 1.050M retained... Still would be a bit short. Would then need to pay someone to take Hunwick or something....
Sens aint retaining, their owner is too cheap. Pens would have to trade Rowney(UFA) or Kuhn (RFA) and our 2nd or Sens 3rd back.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Would love him as a polak upgrade. 4th we got from stl and 7th from sanjose

I like something around STL's 4th. I think the leafs want to make sure they have 7 picks in every draft though, so i think something like STL 4th+ Prospect (like trevor moore level prospect) is more realistic. Even something like SJ 2018 3rd round pick and Trevor Moore for Ian cole And OTT 6th round pick

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I wonder if JR and Dorian have some type of handshake agreement where if the Sens can’t get a better pick than their own 3rd, he would go back to the Pens for the Sens own 3rd back, or the Pens 2nd.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad