McKenzie: I wouldn't be shocked if Jonathan Drouin were dealt

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
The Blues and Lightning have reportedly been scouting one another even after Shattenkirk was dealt to the Caps. From what a mod on our board said it seems Yzerman likes LD Jake Walman or at least his amateur scouts do. If that's the case they would probably also like LD Vince Dunn. The Blues also have RD Jordan Schmaltz. Obviously none of those gets it done in a 1 for 1 swap but it is interesting to note these 2 teams have been scouting each other even after Shattenkirk was traded.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the deal ends up being a couple D-men prospects and/or Schmaltz/Gunny/Bortz and a first for Drouin + stuff.

It's not an exciting trade but Drouin also is a bit more hype than his play. Schwartz was playing better than him at his age.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Ottawa could really use a skilled winger like Drouin. With expansion imminent, I think Ottawa could give up Ceci +.

Drouin

for

Ceci
2017 1st
Dzingle

Assuming LV claims Wideman:

Drouin-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt/Stalberg

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Boro-Claessen-Harpur

I would do that.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
why would TB do this??? They disrupt the room and have to sign him, which brings them back to square one, lmao

change of scenery type trade, clearly TB isn't happy with some aspect of Drouin's game.

i'd also do something around Sergachev for Drouin.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Drouin will be competing with McDavid for best offensive player in a couple of years. That ****package of mediocrity doesn't get him if Yzerman isn't high when Ott calls.

I’m a huge Drouin fan but that is a stretch. He’s not a center (although he did fill in there a bit this year). He’s a playmaking winger, and the only way he reaches that type of offensive production is if he is on a line with a sniper center, like I don’t know, say, someone like Stamkos. Hello Jon Cooper.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I’m a huge Drouin fan but that is a stretch. He’s not a center (although he did fill in there a bit this year). He’s a playmaking winger, and the only way he reaches that type of offensive production is if he is on a line with a sniper center, like I don’t know, say, someone like Stamkos. Hello Jon Cooper.

Playmaking wingers don't need sniper centres. See Kane.

Mashed Potatoes

Feb 14, 2015

Well, he is going to be put next to Stammer och Kucherov or get traded. And I think he has potential to be the best offensive player in the league. Speed, IQ, passing is elite: his hands are on par with Kanes and his wrist shot is better than McDavids.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Perfect time to trade this jackass too. His value should never be higher. It might, but this is an incredible risk for any team to take on. Including Tampa.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Here's my thought for a Drouin Blues trade:

Both 1sts, Walman, Schmaltz.

Stocks the cupboards, Walman will be an elite LD, Schmaltz is already a 3rd Pairing RD on the way up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad