Post-Game Talk: "I was saying 'Boo-urns...'" Hawks fall in Toronto, 7-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLarmer28*

Also like to hear how the following guys have looked for you guys this season, in particular defensively: Oduya, Kane, Handzus and Leddy.
Handzus is better off in a rocking chair.

Also, what has happened with Rozy? Just age? He looked great for you guys last season if I remember correctly. Seems to have fallen in the depth chart.
Rozsival is better off in a rocking chair.

Meanwhile, Khabibulin needs to shipped off to the glue factory.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
To show how MIA they were...Hossa -3 1shot; Sharp -2 1shot; Toews -1 also just 1 shot...They all stunk and Keith and Seabrook -4 and -3. ..so our top line and top dpair led the way with a combined.-13 of our team's -15...shows who forgot to get off the plane.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Wait there's people who think that Bob Cole isn't a Leaf homer?

Of all the sporting events I have attended, that one ranks near the bottom. Jeebus.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Wait there's people who think that Bob Cole isn't a Leaf homer?

Of all the sporting events I have attended, that one ranks near the bottom. Jeebus.

He's been a Habs fan his whole life. Not many combine that with being a Leaf homer.

I don't know about Cole, but I hear this kind of talk about all kinds of announcers. Which is pretty funny since I with my swedish feed get to hear them during commercial breaks, and most of them have no problem with spending the whole time mocking the Leafs.

One comment from tonight was when one of the guys, not Cole, said that the Leafs "actually look like an NHL team for once".

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Dude was unbearable in all those Ottawa series back in the day

All Hughson/Healy hate fully justified though

okay...relative to say the sens he will homer for the leafs...but they're second to his habs love.

also, relative to healy/hughson he's a leafs homer. but those two are brutal.

i'm re-watching some of the game right now. it's pretty funny how he completely disregards healy and just cuts him off.

in the switch up next year where sportsnet takes over, i'm not totally opposed to them keeping cole around if he doesn't want to retire. he's kind of senile at times, but he's not a bad guy and someone who deserves to be treated in a dignified way. i hope healy's ass is fired.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He's been a Habs fan his whole life. Not many combine that with being a Leaf homer.

I don't know about Cole, but I hear this kind of talk about all kinds of announcers. Which is pretty funny since I with my swedish feed get to hear them during commercial breaks, and most of them have no problem with spending the whole time mocking the Leafs.

One comment from tonight was when one of the guys, not Cole, said that the Leafs "actually look like an NHL team for once".

theaub has a point though that cole is kinder to the leafs than say the sens.

as far as the rest of the broadcast team, they're typically horrible to the leafs. i think sometimes people see the amount of coverage HNIC gives the leafs and thinks that means they're all "leafs homers" when that isn't even close to being true. it's sort of the same as w/ tsn - tsn gives the leafs the most coverage but the tone of it is hardly 'homerism'.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hawks effort just didn't want to cross the MLSE employee picket line.

it might have been me.

i was so excited seeing the hawks in toronto for the first time...but then, as was pointed out to me after the game, my 'leafs win when i attend' streak for this season was kept intact.

maybe i should have stayed home :cry:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Meh. Bad games are going to happen, especially in a post-Cup year. Some pretty awful goaltending and questionable defensive play. They really do need to get the latter shored up, though - we're almost to the halfway point here.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
So, what IS the problem with your PK so far? You have enough very good options for those PK units that it shouldn't be anything like 2nd worst in the league.

Breakdowns? Lazy forwards? Lack of guys who sacrifice the body to get in shooting lanes, what is it about?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm just going to pretend that we won 7-3 and went 5-5 on the PK so I don't drunkingly cry myself to sleep.

Go Hawks! :cry:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Also, nice to see Leaf fans stayin classy in the main board GDT.

Your new Stanley cup champions...the Toronto Maple Leafs!

LandofLincoln*

So, what IS the problem with your PK so far? You have enough very good options for those PK units that it shouldn't be anything like 2nd worst in the league.

Breakdowns? Lazy forwards? Lack of guys who sacrifice the body to get in shooting lanes, what is it about?

Our forwards avoid the shooting lanes, and could take a few pucks in the ribcage. Why risk getting broken bones and killing penalties when the Hawks are scoring near the top of the league?
We don't take PKing serious. Sacrifice the body doesn't happen from our forwards.

Polo*

Dude was unbearable in all those Ottawa series back in the day

All Hughson/Healy hate fully justified though

That was some great series going on and he called it on both ends. But to be honest here, the sens didnt do much to warrant love or tire pumping from any announcer. Leafs scored some big OT goals too.

He is a habs fan and if anyone knows anything about rivalries you cant love both the habs and leafs

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

i was just wondering why you thought your pk wasn't so good this year. i was looking at nhl.com stats and it shows the hawks pk as even worse than the leafs which is totally bizarre because your defense is so much better. do you think it's a coaching thing. i was just wondering because your defense and goal seems so good, that's all. is it because you have better competition in the western conference?

anyways, thanks for the unexpected win. i see after the win for the leafs you guys stay as the best team in the nhl and the leafs are still in playoff position.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
i was just wondering why you thought your pk wasn't so good this year. i was looking at nhl.com stats and it shows the hawks pk as even worse than the leafs which is totally bizarre because your defense is so much better. do you think it's a coaching thing. i was just wondering because your defense and goal seems so good, that's all. is it because you have better competition in the western conference?

anyways, thanks for the unexpected win. i see after the win for the leafs you guys stay as the best team in the nhl and the leafs are still in playoff position.

Pretty much, yes. We also lost our best Pk forward from last year, but that shouldn't drop your pk ranking 20-something spots. Our forwards don't apply pressure at all in the D zone on the pk, so the opposing pp gets to do basically whatever they want.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Quel miserable bruto! Too many MIA's...no want...no compete..outhusled...outworked by thsoe Leafs who were missing two kdy centers and were having trouble on their d-corps...but it dhows what happens when you just do not want to compete hard...even doormats can embarass kingpins...so a night that will live in infamy in Hawks lore...pitiful shame those Leaf homer vuys Cole and Cherry get to gloat about how the Leafs made the Cup champs look like chumps...true they worked for it all game..but we made it easy for them by mailing it in like we were just practicing... D-men fir us did not look good. ..but most of our forwars stunk with " aboutno hustle to check and lost puck battles and refused to back check hard...this was just an awful.team no show performance on the big stage of HNIC...that makes it a double stinker for our guys...If we did not have a game tomorrow vs. L.A.,maybe Q bag skates them to show his displeasure...no doubt L.A. Will also. compete hard like the Leafs to "make a statement" that if you compete hard...you can beat up on the skilled but sometimes lazy Hawks. ..We shall see if the Hawks answer that compete challenge or again fall back into MIA mode.

There was alot of hesitation as well ... players afraid to get hit. I won't bother to point out the worst of the offenders but Leafs were in desperation mode and played intense, play-off like hockey. I suppose this team was not ready to sacrifice their bodies for 2 points that they felt weren't going to come our way regardless. The ridiculously busy schedule will do that to all teams, just wish it didn't happen in TO.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
...and Michael Houndstooth was not on the ice for either one.

Yeah, and tbh, I don't like Versteeg there either. I'm getting flashbacks of how his peripheral play bothered me in his first stint here. I realize he is not back to 100 percent, but whatever happened to the Q code, where a player must earn a top 6 job? KV seems to be one of those privileged ones where the code doesn't apply.

I repeat yet once again: Q needs to reunite Toews and Kane permanently, and work the top 6 from there (without Zus and Versteeg). Eventually, I reckon Q will get it.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, and tbh, I don't like Versteeg there either. I'm getting flashbacks of how his peripheral play bothered me in his first stint here. I realize he is not back to 100 percent, but whatever happened to the Q code, where a player must earn a top 6 job? KV seems to be one of those privileged ones where the code doesn't apply.

I repeat yet once again: Q needs to reunite Toews and Kane permanently, and work the top 6 from there (without Zus and Versteeg). Eventually, I reckon Q will get it.

Eventually is a long time Bobby. Criminy, I'm already 54!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad