Post-Game Talk: "I was saying 'Boo-urns...'" Hawks fall in Toronto, 7-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I'm really freaking sick of Handzus centering Kane. Or of him on the second line at all really. But especially with Kane.

Kane don't care.

I'm sick of our defense leaving the goalie hanging. It's starting to look like 2011-2012 out the again.... except that that the PK is **** too

CertainAffinity*

I'm really freaking sick of Handzus centering Kane. Or of him on the second line at all really. But especially with Kane.

Of the problems the team exhibited this game, Zus centering Kane had approximately 0 to do with any of them.

Zus centering Kane also had nothing to do with the 19 goals in 3 games. It is a neutral ingredient in the Hawks lineup right now. A distraction from the actual problems.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Of the problems the team exhibited this game, Zus centering Kane had approximately 0 to do with any of them.

Zus centering Kane also had nothing to do with the 19 goals in 3 games. It is a neutral ingredient in the Hawks lineup right now. A distraction from the actual problems.

it's obviously not a distraction because nothing has changed with it.

just thought i'd mix up the *****ing about defense and throw in some complaints about the lines. next time ill just complain about the pk.

CertainAffinity*

it's obviously not a distraction because nothing has changed with it.

just thought i'd mix up the *****ing about defense and throw in some complaints about the lines. next time ill just complain about the pk.

I didn't mean it was a distraction to the team, I meant it was a distraction for people trying to analyze the Hawks play and their issues.

Instead of making meaningful critique of the issues actually contributing to the Hawks' inability to keep pucks out of their own net 5v5 and 4v5, people want to obsess over why one flawed 2C (Zus) is getting time over another flawed 2C (Pirri), cause clearly if we through a defensively liable player out there, that will help.

It's like having your Ferrari break down, and obsessing over a mark on the leather seats instead of trying to figure out what's wrong with the engine.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Quel miserable bruto! Too many MIA's...no want...no compete..outhusled...outworked by thsoe Leafs who were missing two kdy centers and were having trouble on their d-corps...but it dhows what happens when you just do not want to compete hard...even doormats can embarass kingpins...so a night that will live in infamy in Hawks lore...pitiful shame those Leaf homer vuys Cole and Cherry get to gloat about how the Leafs made the Cup champs look like chumps...true they worked for it all game..but we made it easy for them by mailing it in like we were just practicing... D-men fir us did not look good. ..but most of our forwars stunk with " aboutno hustle to check and lost puck battles and refused to back check hard...this was just an awful.team no show performance on the big stage of HNIC...that makes it a double stinker for our guys...If we did not have a game tomorrow vs. L.A.,maybe Q bag skates them to show his displeasure...no doubt L.A. Will also. compete hard like the Leafs to "make a statement" that if you compete hard...you can beat up on the skilled but sometimes lazy Hawks. ..We shall see if the Hawks answer that compete challenge or again fall back into MIA mode.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Glad that our PK was awesome tonight as usual. Score was 4-2 just before the end of the second and we desperately needed that kill. We could have scraped back into it in the third. Not much else to say, very few positives to actually take from this game.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Hawks lose to Toronto. Bulls about to lose to Toronto. Damn Canadians with their flapping heads and beady little eyes.

i thought it was pretty cool that there were 2 chicago teams playing 2 toronto teams at the same time.

Theoretically, we could get up to 3 during baseball season(i think)

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I didn't mean it was a distraction to the team, I meant it was a distraction for people trying to analyze the Hawks play and their issues.

Instead of making meaningful critique of the issues actually contributing to the Hawks' inability to keep pucks out of their own net 5v5 and 4v5, people want to obsess over why one flawed 2C (Zus) is getting time over another flawed 2C (Pirri), cause clearly if we through a defensively liable player out there, that will help.

It's like having your Ferrari break down, and obsessing over a mark on the leather seats instead of trying to figure out what's wrong with the engine.

It's not obsessing over a small problem to ignore a bigger problem, it's being frustrated that the Hawks' coach isn't trying to help the lines. Anyway, it's not like anything we post on here is going to affect the team so I don't see why it matters what I post about. Rest assured nobody who works for the Hawks will read this thread and decide to ignore the defensive decencies in favor of switching up the lines because one person posted about it.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Quel miserable bruto! Too many MIA's...no want...no compete..outhusled...outworked by thsoe Leafs who were missing two kdy centers and were having trouble on their d-corps...but it dhows what happens when you just do not want to compete hard...even doormats can embarass kingpins...so a night that will live in infamy in Hawks lore...pitiful shame those Leaf homer vuys Cole and Cherry get to gloat about how the Leafs made the Cup champs look like chumps...true they worked for it all game..but we made it easy for them by mailing it in like we were just practicing... D-men fir us did not look good. ..but most of our forwars stunk with " aboutno hustle to check and lost puck battles and refused to back check hard...this was just an awful.team no show performance on the big stage of HNIC...that makes it a double stinker for our guys...If we did not have a game tomorrow vs. L.A.,maybe Q bag skates them to show his displeasure...no doubt L.A. Will also. compete hard like the Leafs to "make a statement" that if you compete hard...you can beat up on the skilled but sometimes lazy Hawks. ..We shall see if the Hawks answer that compete challenge or again fall back into MIA mode.

Bob Cole is a hockey legend, and he is not a Leaf homer. He is a Habs fan (I think?).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry but Cole is a legendary joke except for his idolizing Leaf fans...and he is a Leafs homer.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Hey guys. Leafs fan here, have a few things I'd like to discuss.

Really crappy game for you guys, but sometimes it's better to get a knock in the head when you play like that rather than just barely lose. A wake me up call.

Anyway, one thing I was thinking about was not about how bad the team effort in general was but how some of the worst offenders were the usually most reliable ones. Keith and Hossa in particular stood out with actually cheating on defense which is very atypical from what I've seen. The only one I found to be good in that department was Hjalmarsson. Toews was quiet but at least the effort was there. Any particular ideas why normally reliable guys like Keith and Hossa played under the weather?

Also like to hear how the following guys have looked for you guys this season, in particular defensively: Oduya, Kane, Handzus and Leddy.

Also, what has happened with Rozy? Just age? He looked great for you guys last season if I remember correctly. Seems to have fallen in the depth chart.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hawks lose to Toronto. Bulls about to lose to Toronto. Damn Canadians with their flapping heads and beady little eyes.

tumblr_muyuf8ysKX1s57tm8o1_500.gif

ha ha ha...when they brought out Simpson and the first shot went in I lol'd thinking about what the reaction in the GDT would be. I just checked. You didn't disappoint :laugh:

Well, Kane and Saad played well. Too bad about the rest of the team.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
At least Kane scored twice, UWT.

:nod:

Bob Cole is a hockey legend, and he is not a Leaf homer. He is a Habs fan (I think?).

Yup...he's Habs homer numero uno.

Sorry but Cole is a legendary joke except for his idolizing Leaf fans...and he is a Leafs homer.

How do you come up with this ****. I think you're confusing the Habs and the Leafs. And honestly, no one but Cherry on HNIC is a "Leafs homer".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad