Nov 12, 2012
count-dracula.jpg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How old were you?

What were you doing?

What was your reaction?

I'll be honest, I was in bed looking at my cell phone refreshing HF like mad, then when I saw the responses I straight up started laughing out loud for a solid 2 minutes.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
In 2006....
I was 16, turning 17, in Grade 11
Working at Little Caesars every night with the Radio on.

In 2015

25 turning 26, Just finished University.
At a friends house with a buddy and his wife
Screaming jumping up and down, because we won McDavid.

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
I was in a restaurant having dinner with my wife and our two young kids and wondering who won the draft lottery and as I hit the 'go' key on the google search words "2015 draft lottery winner", up pops the words "Oilers won the 2015 draft lottery". I was speechless and I had to re-read the title carefully again, I remained composed then I had a huge smile while (calmly shocked) and I looked at my wife and said, "holy cow, the Oilers just won the draft lottery. I can't believe it!" I looked over at the next table of strangers was a family and were talking hockey playoffs, I told them the news (why? 'cause I needed to celebrate it with the rest of the world, I guess). The father said, "I know but he (pointing to his son) is not happy". His son looked at me turned the back of his head to me showing an NHL team logo on his cap and frowned, "yeah, I am not happy about it". He had a Maple leafs logo on his baseball cap. With a huge grin on my face, I politely said 'oops, sorry about that' and returned to my dinner and had another bite of my toro sushi

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Me, my fiancee, brother, his friend and my cousin from out of town were all sitting around my living room visiting and all of our phones kept buzzing. We politely ignored them while we visited until finally it was too much to ignore.

The texts we all got (my dad mass texts my bro, fiancee and I):

"No worse than 3!"
"That's amazing!"
" Holy ****"

We were puzzled at first, and I looked at my bro and said, "oh ****...We won the lottery!"

He then started freaking out as I explained to my cousin that we didn't actually just win the "actual lottery" lol, as she was stunned for a moment thinking we'd won $$

Had to explain who Mcdavid was to a few girls, and contain our excitement for the rest of the night, lol

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Sitting on my couch in my living room with my room mate. I told him before the cards, "If we win you're shot gunning three beers with me." He agreed and took his 88.5% chance. Needless to say we had a fun night last night after the good news lol. I jumped up and down, screamed, cheered so loud I nearly lost my voice. Really wish I had a video of our reaction. The renters downstairs texted us to make sure everything was ok and no one was hurt lol, we had to tell them what happened.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I was sitting on the couch with my girlfriend refreshing HF boards on my phone.

Started laughing loudly when I saw the responses and figured we won!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Sitting on my couch in my living room with my room mate. I told him before the cards, "If we win you're shot gunning three beers with me." He agreed and took his 88.5% chance. Needless to say we had a fun night last night after the good news lol. I jumped up and down, screamed, cheered so loud I nearly lost my voice. Really wish I had a video of our reaction. The renters downstairs texted us to make sure everything was ok and no one was hurt lol, we had to tell them what happened.

:laugh:

I watched it in my man cave as my wife was watching something else.

At about 5:20PM I pre-emptively warned her that if she hears me screaming and yelling and carrying on like a mad man that we won the draft.

If I didn't, she probably would have called 911.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
at the gym doing bent over rows and had to stop to keep refreshing twitter constantly
ran over to my friend and yelled WE WON MCDAVID. got a few cheers out of it ahaha

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
I was studying for Finals when I decided to take a break to watch the lottery, needless to say my roomates were wondering what the hell was wrong with me when I started yelling, with the exception one of them (who is a Leafs fan) who simply told me to **** off :P

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I decided against watching it live (I live in Sweden) and went to bed.

Woke up in the morning and looked at tsn.ca on my phone. The first thing I saw was "Edmonton Oilers something something blah blah blah" and my initial reaction was "that's about something else".

A split second later I was thinking "and what the hell would that be?" so I actually read the whole headline and just sat up in bed re-reading it a couple of times, laughing.

I was 26 the last time the Oilers made the playoffs, btw. I feel old now.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I can top nearly everyone--On the train into work it dawned on me.

in Sept 1997 when McJesus was 8 months old was the first time I came on this site?

Been here nearly as long as he been alive!

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Watching live at my dad's house, thinking "yes, we didn't move down"

Then suddenly a massive eruption if screams and powerful high fives that some may mistake for thunder erupted from our inner beings.

Ssseth

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton
I was in my living room playing with my 5 year old daughter. I lost track of time and turned the TV on just as McDavid was wondering down that hallway to meet with Stroumboulopoulos.

They then mentioned the Oilers had won and showed all the teams with the Oilers on the top with the golden banner... I was in shock. Honestly it took a few moments to comprehend what had happened. I then proceeded to scare the bejesus out of my daughter by dancing around yelling "WE WON THE LOTTERY! Connor McDavid is ours!!!" She started dancing around too, not really getting it but joining in on the fun anyway.

Once the texts and phone calls resided she was wondering when the Oilers would be on TV and she could see McDavid. I told her next year and she was a bit bummed out. So we went and played some ball hockey in the basement and she was Taylor Hall like usual, but this time I wasn't Eberle or Nuge. I was McDavid. So cool. I'm still in shock! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad