Tribute I want to see McMann in the top 6. I predict McMann will play in the top 6 by the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I’d rather be pleasantly surprised then sadly letdown lol

Ive started to temper my expectations towards prospects, usually results in more surprising talent such as holmberg

Not saying that McMann will be the second coming, I am just pointing out that Hyman wasn't exactly polished either.

Hyman is a crazy exception. You can't expect McMann to follow a similar development path

I didn't. But then again, you don't know how crazy I really am.

Reactions: aingefan

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
No chance. He may get a random look here and there in the top six when we have nothing going on in a game and Keefe puts the lineup through a blender but nothing more. So far he’s shown he can be a solid 4th line player, nothing really more. We should slow down expectations a little.

Reactions: fahad203

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Even by then, this idea might turn into a case of too much, too soon. Could also be an example of stretching a player beyond his means.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
And he saith unto them, "why are you fearful, O ye of little faith?" And he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was great calm.

Matthews 8:26 (34)

You gotta be leaf...

_______

;)

Seriously though. There's the makings of a debate here, but no one seems to be sticking their neck out (not an Engvall reference). Only a suggestion from some.

Sadly there's so much certainty commenting here that it's kind of hilarious.

Our left wingers include Kerfoot, Bunting, Jarnkrok, Zack Aston Reese, Dryden Hunt, Nick Robertson, etc. The certainty about Knies is even more puzzling. Is Knies really going to be playing in the top 6 vs the Tampa Bay Lightning? Are you certain that Bunting will be there to drive the team to the Stanley Cup?

Maybe you see my original post as over-the-top, or a wild miss. At this point anything is possible, and I know McMann is turning a lot of heads.

Reactions: Smif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
McMann's promotion to the Top 6 would have to depend on how he can be an accessory player to those lines. If he can keep up and do the dirty work he could find a niche. Sort of the Hyman project all over again, but Hyman turned out to be a pretty special player.

Reactions: kb

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
McMann is a good 4LW or 4C, good option if Kampf walks and we use Holmberg 3C and McMann 4C next season, he is not top 6.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
McMann didn't have a good outing last night. Not terrible, but didn't do a lot to stand out. Hopefully just a blip.

Yeah this will never happen for obvious reasons.
Half baked post. Give us reasons then.

Yeah this will never happen for obvious reasons.
Obvious reason #1 superstar genius mega talent Alex Kerfoot is in his way.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I’m not opposed to trying things. A lot of NHL success is strictly done to how well you fit a role. McMann can be an NHL player without a doubt.

So sure, why not give him a quick audition. He can skate, he goes to the net and he battles well.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
McMann Matthews Marner

3M

McMann and the Millionaires
FFCAAFA2-A49E-460F-B6D4-8F2235FA8F7B.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Marshy

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
McMann Matthews Marner

3M

McMann and the Millionaires
Two men and a baby?

Jarnkrok and Bunting have a decent set of hands and skill, Let's just enjoy McMann for what he Is, a good 4th liner and there us nothing wrong with that.
Yes...keep him on the fourth line until contract negotiations, sign him long term on the cheap and send him to the top 6.

Reactions: aingefan

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
McMann is a good 4LW or 4C, good option if Kampf walks and we use Holmberg 3C and McMann 4C next season, he is not top 6.
i feel like we need to calm down and remember this. McMann looks good but he's not a top6 player right now, and likely never will be. That doesn't mean he won't be a great bottom 6 player.

Reactions: MarMarSab3

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t think I want to see him in the lineup rn lool

He looks even more raw than Hyman did in 2015-2016 at the end of the season

He should be in the ahl getting top minutes and maybe next year

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
McMann takes Kerfoot's spot after Alex gets traded along with a 1st and a prospect for a top 4 defenseman or top 6 forward.

Would love to see a line of ZAR-Acciari- McMann. Good skaters who are big and take the body, can score once every so often too.

Reactions: TMLife17

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
McMann takes Kerfoot's spot after Alex gets traded along with a 1st and a prospect for a top 4 defenseman or top 6 forward.

Would love to see a line of ZAR-Acciari- McMann. Good skaters who are big and take the body, can score once every so often too.
No chances will be taken this year. Too much on the line. If Kerfoot is traded his spot is filled with a proven player.

Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team out of camp next year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad