Tribute I want to see McMann in the top 6. I predict McMann will play in the top 6 by the end of the season and into the playoffs.

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
If we can't upgrade our top 6 this TDL, sure why not. But I'm curbing my expectations of him until he gets 20+ games in the NHL and is able to keep up his level of play. He is promising, for sure. He took a while to get into the AHL and shot up the depth chart like a rocket, so definitely potential. Again, get a larger sample size of what he bringsa consistently night in night out before throwing him in with JT and MM. Jarnkrok has been good on the LW so I see no rush in replacing him.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
What can I say? He's worth having a further look at. He can make a play. He works hard. He has strength and tenacity.

He's taken the long road less traveled, but he's made it.

Is he a possible Zack Hyman-type player?

I want to see more.

I predict he'll get more.
I totally agree other than the Hyman reference, I’ve heard this already .
I don’t see these 2 players reminding of each other in any way other than they both work hard ,which is terrific May I add .
I think Bobby brings a unique presence and game for us that I hope Knies mimics but with a better upside offensively.

Bunts
Knies
Bobby M
Robbie
Steeves

Not bad

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Bold strategy Cotton.
Or
Harold “ Baldy “ Cotton

1674599164780.jpeg

Reactions: Dr C

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Career minor leaguer isn't going to all of a sudden become a top 6 player on a contender.
4th line energy guy is a great fit for him.
To be fair, so was Bunting and look at him now. He's the same age as Bunting was last year.

Hyman was also a guy that looked like he couldn't play with star players at first. Everyone was calling him stone hands.

McMann plays with speed and energy, goes hard to the net and likes to finish. Never hurts to just see what happens.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I doubt you'll find a bigger Bobby McMann fan than me, but I think that should be a last resort. Yes he does look very good at retrieving pucks and can get to the net, but I think a top 6 addition should be a lot better offensively. I'm just happy he looks like a guy who can contribute some speed and make life hard on the other team, but he's much more suited to a bottom 6 spot

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
To be fair, so was Bunting and look at him now. He's the same age as Bunting was last year.

Hyman was also a guy that looked like he couldn't play with star players at first. Everyone was calling him stone hands.

McMann plays with speed and energy, goes hard to the net and likes to finish. Never hurts to just see what happens.
Bunting had scored a bit the year before arriving though.
Regardless, it would be great if it happened for McMann but I wouldn’t expect it. Bunting is an exception not the norm.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
He’s not really skilled enough to fit in there

Good bottom six player with potential for middle six

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Doubtful, but I certainly like what Ive seen from him. There are certainly worse players who have been pencilled into our top6 over the years.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Remember the first 2-3 years of Hyman? He didnt look like a 2nd liner either.
I’d rather be pleasantly surprised then sadly letdown lol

Ive started to temper my expectations towards prospects, usually results in more surprising talent such as holmberg

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's on the verge of carving out a niche role in amongst the depth guys. While I'm not opposed to mid-season experimentation and I've liked what I've seen from the guy so far, but he still hasn't proven he's an NHL regular yet, let alone worthy of being used during prime icetime

Reactions: ktownhockey

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Right now? Maybe for a few shifts if you need to energize the top 6.

Long term? Yes I think he's showing potential he could be a good complimentary piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad