I told a Jets fan that Matthews was better than Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
What a ridiculous 'debate'. Laine is nowhere close to the player Matthews is. A better comparison would be Matthews and Scheifele.
Agreed. I really like Scheifele’s game. Complete 2 way center. He’s like Tavares. Not super fast but plays with an edge and can do it all. Great leader too.

Scheifele
Wheeler
Trouba
Morrisey
Buff

Before Laine right now.

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Both healthy, I take Matthews. He can score 40 goals and help in other areas.
Laine might score more, but I guess that's what he does.... shoot!

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
There was a Leaf’s fan living (for three years) in Squamish? Yuk. That town is forever soiled. I will not set foot there again.
:laugh:
I’m cheering for you guys to lose (especially in the playoffs) but I do believe Matthews will lead you to the Cup this spring.
Believe me I kept it to myself and only wish I was kidding lol.

Reactions: Luckylarry

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Matthews >>>>> Laine
Marner >>> Laine
Nylander maybe is equal to laine, probably a bit worse
Marner is projecting to be in the Kucherov and Kane class as just a few examples. Wingers who drive lines with a certain rare style. The only thing I feel Marner lacks right now is a threatning shot. But his release will get better and his hesitation dekes to get the goalie out of position is just gifted. It’s somethimg you just can’t teach. Not to mention he is still so young. Knock on wood he’s also shown to be durable and had a very good playoff series last year against the Bruins.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
1*Jl91QsH_39J8rZvWSF8sYg.png

I ToLd a JeTs FaN tHaT MAtThEwS wAs bEtTeR tHaN LaInE
Must hurt to put all that effort to shame someone and get 0 likes

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Never understood this Matthews-Laine debate.

He's not even better than Marner so shouldn't even be considered for comparison with Matthews.

yeah for sure, i've never understood it, the only thing that might make any sense in that whole thing is that a lot of Jets fans were running with this idea that Laine was somehow comparable with Mario Lemieux. Apparently somebody(unamed source at the WJC who was some kind of hockey muckey muck said this), maybe who they actually meant was Mario Tremblay;), before any of them actually saw Laine skate, they swallowed this notion whole and washed it down with a double shot of mythology.

he ain't no Mario that's fo sho

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I got kicked out of Disneyland the day that Ronald Reagan was shot. Absolutely true story. Beat that...
oh yeah well how'bout I've never been to Disney Land/World, Six Flags, Wonderland or Epcott, I've never seen Titanic nor ever will and won't ever go to any of the aforementioned places:nod:

and i don't feel I've missed a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad