Status
Not open for further replies.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
...It's almost unfair, isn't it?

What he said.

For those of you from Farmington*: "If you earn the 30th selection in the NHL Draft, it means you won the Stanley Cup."

* - Double-plus points if you recognize the reference.

BFC, I believe, and memory is starting to forget things, but the mayor of farmington was trigg.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
7 points out of 8th. Don't care much about games in hand, PHX and COL still have to actually win those. Both of them are playing pretty crappy hockey, at least one of those two teams will start to slip down the standings, I'm confident. Will make for a very open playoff race soon, and it will last to the final matchdays probably.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
We got to the game a little late last night, almost halfway through the first period. On our way in the door, a Preds representative stopped me and my friend to ask where we were sitting, then asked if we'd like to sit lower down in some seats that hadn't sold. So, instead of sitting in section 210, we sat on the third row on the aisle in section 108, looking right across the faceoff dots in the attack twice zone. I normally like to sit higher up because you can see the whole ice surface better, but every once in a while it's fun to sit lower down and be reminded how fast and hard-hitting the game really is. That was a really fun game to watch.

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
We got to the game a little late last night, almost halfway through the first period. On our way in the door, a Preds representative stopped me and my friend to ask where we were sitting, then asked if we'd like to sit lower down in some seats that hadn't sold. So, instead of sitting in section 210, we sat on the third row on the aisle in section 108, looking right across the faceoff dots in the attack twice zone. I normally like to sit higher up because you can see the whole ice surface better, but every once in a while it's fun to sit lower down and be reminded how fast and hard-hitting the game really is. That was a really fun game to watch.

But.....but it was sold out

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
i dont care about +/- usually.. but at this point, weber is 2nd worst at a horrible -13 .. regardless of shaky goaltending and bad luck, that is unacceptable. we have been horrible ES so far. not hard to figure out why with the play of the team.

Guess who's below Weber in plus/minus?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Would you like to compare who is on the ice for more goals against per 60mins of ice time?

It makes Ellis look good.

i know before Detroit game, we were giving up 2.71 goals per 60 with weber on the ice. without weber, 2.49 per 60.. inexcusable with all that money we pay him. he needs to step it up and lead

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Because the opposition scores fewer goals per 60 minutes of Ellis's ES ice time compared to Weber's .... the same goes when comparing Klein and Weber.

Laugh all you want ... the stats don't back up Weber's ES performance this year.

Part of that is quality of competition, but yes, Weber has been lackluster

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Because the opposition scores fewer goals per 60 minutes of Ellis's ES ice time compared to Weber's .... the same goes when comparing Klein and Weber.

Laugh all you want ... the stats don't back up Weber's ES performance this year.

Seems like an overly simplistic way to look at it. Ellis also plays what I would guess to be the most sheltered minutes, against the weakest competition. Those stats are too overly team-based for me start pointing fingers at anyone. How many of those are because of Weber? Josi? Softie by Hutton or Mazanec? Bad play by a forward in the defensive zone? Getting hemmed in the zone because of the forwards aren't particularly good at puck possession? Too many variables to single out anyone.

Well I could maybe think of a few to single out, but they're not on the ice.

Also would appreciate a link to these statistics, as I legitimately do not know where to find them.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Part of that is quality of competition, but yes, Weber has been lackluster

I am really baffled at the Weber bashing on here- does everyone on here hate the guy?? Does everyone think he has been lackluster??

I understand the hurt feelings over the Philly thing, and even I am not sure if in his heart of hearts he really wants to be here.

But I guess I am in the minority on here but I think he has been pretty darn good this year- and almost every commentator, analyst and writer I have read has said he is playing some of his best hockey in awhile this year. Plus/Minus does not tell the whole story and is a very overrated stat.

Think our D is shaky this year? Take Weber off the ice and see how bad it would be............

Am I alone in this thinking??

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I am really baffled at the Weber bashing on here- does everyone on here hate the guy?? Does everyone think he has been lackluster??

I understand the hurt feelings over the Philly thing, and even I am not sure if in his heart of hearts he really wants to be here.

But I guess I am in the minority on here but I think he has been pretty darn good this year- and almost every commentator, analyst and writer I have read has said he is playing some of his best hockey in awhile this year. Plus/Minus does not tell the whole story and is a very overrated stat.

Think our D is shaky this year? Take Weber off the ice and see how bad it would be............

Am I alone in this thinking??

Not alone. People hear or write something and it snowballs on here into falsities about a player. For years people thought Suter was a bust. Wrong. People used Klein as a whipping boy wrong. It's the nature of the beast around here and while people can use stats to prove their "point", reality and what you see the player do on the ice can be two different things. Weber is the least of our problems.

If we see the Wilson of last night and the Smith of the lafs week and if Fisher plays like he has the last two then maybe we start turning this boat around.

Plus minus is a tricky stat since 5 guys are responsible for the outcome. It's a starting point for where a guy is but also doesn't tell the whole story.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
we're not talking plus minus now... were talking goals against per 60 with and without weber. its better without weber. regardless of all the variables, he is not playing up to his salary. he is still a great defenseman but he needs to step it up ES period.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
we're not talking plus minus now... were talking goals against per 60 with and without weber. its better without weber. regardless of all the variables, he is not playing up to his salary. he is still a great defenseman but he needs to step it up ES period.

Taken out of context, you can find some statistic to prove just about any theory.

All I will say is this- outside of this board, you are in the vast minority in your opinion- you would be hard pressed to find any knowledgeable hockey people who would agree that Weber needs to "step it up".

We are not a great team with him- without him, this team would be royally screwed 1,000 times worse than we already are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00