GDT: I think there is a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds win. That was sure one entertaining game to watch. I miss preds/wings games. I am hoping Wilson doesn't just have 1 good game and disappear again but he seems to be doing really well with Fisher and Hornqvist. Great to see the team winning and playing well. Now if Maz can just keep his stick in his hand.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
A good offensive performance especially by Wilson and Fisher. Weber with two good games in a row ... matching up against Bert in the slot for a battle of big boys. One hell of an exciting game.

That said, far too many defensive lapses like leaving Datsyuk of all people alone. Trading chances almost got us burned. Where the hell was our overall team defense?

Nobody pushes Maz's stick back to him when the puck cleared the zone nor did anyone hand him a stick on the first no-stick goal (the fact it was knocked in by his catching glove doesn't help here) .... it's debatable if Klein's handing the stick over to Maz really impacted the play with the puck movement displayed by the Wings and high glove shot. Still, help the guy with the mask out a little when his stick goes to the boards.

Good to see the fire and effort from the big boys. Now to couple that with some disciplined play and defensive responsibility and this winning thing could catch on.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
This game had a little bit of everything tonight, a teasing win in front of some of their fans, John Elefante singing Kansas songs during the intermissions, three? catfish on the ice with one of them almost clipping Legwand (same guy threw all three), Kenny Rogers was the fan of the night and on and on.

Some Ole Miss and Ga Tech fans taking in the game as well so I'm sure they had a blast.

Fun night all around. (The traffic before the game was no fun though.)

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
As much as I'd love to see the preds draft high this year, its always good to beat Detroit :yo:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This is like pond hockey. Little if anything resembling defense, both teams generating chances that are going by the wayside, fumbling around with the puck, really shaky goaltending. The result is a wide-open first period that was surprisingly fun to watch.

Watch both coaches make adjustments, tighten it down, and no goals get scored the rest of the way. Ugh. :laugh:

just reading through the thread for the first time….. bwahaha:laugh:

maybe some confidence and chemistry is starting to happen...

Last edited:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Fun game to be at. Wish they played with that kind of effort every night.
Good to see Fish with back to back solid games.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Swagger, confidence, luck , effort and finish. Awesome!

Bourque looked like a man possessed also, a good thing since the game before he was atrocious.

I'm still not real sold on Stalberg. Maybe I expected too much.

Pavel D........please Poile find one like him in the next draft.....:D

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
weber a minus 1

He was gassed on that goal; everyone else made the switch and he was stuck back. Whoever it was (Eaves I think) just blew past him right around behind the net, about the only time all-night he got beat even a little; it wasn't quite angry-Shea, but it sure was effective-Shea.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Dr_Jekyll_and_Mr_Hyde_poster_edit2.jpg

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
...It's almost unfair, isn't it?

What he said.

For those of you from Farmington*: "If you earn the 30th selection in the NHL Draft, it means you won the Stanley Cup."

* - Double-plus points if you recognize the reference.

I know that but I am not a mayor or from MI

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
He was gassed on that goal; everyone else made the switch and he was stuck back. Whoever it was (Eaves I think) just blew past him right around behind the net, about the only time all-night he got beat even a little; it wasn't quite angry-Shea, but it sure was effective-Shea.
i dont care about +/- usually.. but at this point, weber is 2nd worst at a horrible -13 .. regardless of shaky goaltending and bad luck, that is unacceptable. we have been horrible ES so far. not hard to figure out why with the play of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00