I think i've lost my passion for the game but I don't know why.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I am a lifelong diehard leafs fan. I ride and die for this team year in and year out. But i'm not feeling it this year.

I am usually locked into the game, whether it be a wednesday game in november against nashville, or a playoff game in april against boston I would have the same intensity. Edge of my seat, heart pounding and standing and cheering for every goal, even at home. But this year I have been quite the opposite, I still watch every second of every game, but I dont feel much excitement, my heart rate is closer to 80 than 120, slumped in my seat, a mere fist pump for a goal while feeling no excitement.

Tonight against the bruins, on Rielly's goal I just made a half-hearted fist pump and on Timo's first I just said "nice" in a monotone fashion.

Anyone else feel like this? Is it the constant losing this team endures? Its something I wanna feel but I just dont seem to have it in me anymore. I will continue to bleed blue and i hope to feel something for this team again. glg
I sometimes feel this way. Some games, even close ones and barnburners, I just seem disinterested. I cant explain it. As I get older and I have many new and different responsibilities (ie. A 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter), my focus is elsewhere. I still love the Leafs, but I just am not as invested in them at this current stage of my life. I'm excited though for my kids to enjoy hockey, like as did as a kid. Hopefully I'll get my excitement level back up where it used to be!

Reactions: MSZ and CatchyTune

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
I think there’s a couple of reasons one might feel this way. I know I do.

- This team is now judged by it’s playoff performance. Regular season is now a formality until the playoffs start.
- This season kinda feels like rolling out the same thing and hoping for a different result. I haven’t seen anything from this team that makes me think they’re a legit contender. So for me, until something changes I’m expecting the same result. Would love to be surprised though.
- The games have become so system-oriented that it’s just way too conservative. I don’t know what the solution to this is though. If conservative hockey means more wins, you’ll never get rid of it.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I sometimes feel this way. Some games, even close ones and barnburners, I just seem disinterested. I cant explain it. As I get older and I have many new and different responsibilities (ie. A 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter), my focus is elsewhere. I still love the Leafs, but I just am not as invested in them at this current stage of my life. I'm excited though for my kids to enjoy hockey, like as did as a kid. Hopefully I'll get my excitement level back up where it used to be!

I'm on the same boat. I have been a fan since the mid 90s. Those hard-nosed Pat Quinn teams really what made me a fan. Like you I have two kids, a 5 years old daughter and a 13 months old son. I simply don't pay nearly as much attention to hockey as I used to.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I'm on the same boat. I have been a fan since the mid 90s. Those hard-nosed Pat Quinn teams really what made me a fan. Like you I have two kids, a 5 years old daughter and a 13 months old son. I simply don't pay nearly as much attention to hockey as I used to.
With life, work etc., it's impossible to watch every game and with the same intensity. There are 3 or 4 games per week, I usually watch 1 or 2 games with full focus and the other 1 or 2 I catch the 3rd period or highlights, the games that I missed I don't post my opinions of the game because it would be an uninformed opinion. Anyways you don't have to watch every game fanatically, just watch in moderation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad