I think i've lost my passion for the game but I don't know why.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I am a lifelong diehard leafs fan. I ride and die for this team year in and year out. But i'm not feeling it this year.

I am usually locked into the game, whether it be a wednesday game in november against nashville, or a playoff game in april against boston I would have the same intensity. Edge of my seat, heart pounding and standing and cheering for every goal, even at home. But this year I have been quite the opposite, I still watch every second of every game, but I dont feel much excitement, my heart rate is closer to 80 than 120, slumped in my seat, a mere fist pump for a goal while feeling no excitement.

Tonight against the bruins, on Rielly's goal I just made a half-hearted fist pump and on Timo's first I just said "nice" in a monotone fashion.

Anyone else feel like this? Is it the constant losing this team endures? Its something I wanna feel but I just dont seem to have it in me anymore. I will continue to bleed blue and i hope to feel something for this team again. glg

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I am a lifelong diehard leafs fan. I ride and die for this team year in and year out. But i'm not feeling it this year.

I am usually locked into the game, whether it be a wednesday game in november against nashville, or a playoff game in april against boston I would have the same intensity. Edge of my seat, heart pounding and standing and cheering for every goal, even at home. But this year I have been quite the opposite, I still watch every second of every game, but I dont feel much excitement, my heart rate is closer to 80 than 120, slumped in my seat, a mere fist pump for a goal while feeling no excitement.

Tonight against the bruins, on Rielly's goal I just made a half-hearted fist pump and on Timo's first I just said "nice" in a monotone fashion.

Anyone else feel like this? Is it the constant losing this team endures? Its something I wanna feel but I just dont seem to have it in me anymore. I will continue to bleed blue and i hope to feel something for this team again. glg

I hear ya man, I find myself paying more attention to the GDTs than the games themselves some days.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Sports, mainly hockey, is my hobby
you should have another

because if your one makes you feel bad, then well it's not going to be fun

it's putting all your eggs in one passion and it can burn you out

these days my two... hockey and video games don't bring as much enjoyment as i'd hope... so i'm thinking of getting into something like dungeons and dragons games at a local pub or something just so i can roleplay and have some fun with some peeps

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

Cause watching this team has become hard work instead of a joyful evening of hockey.

Remember when game days were exciting and you were excited all day waiting for the game to come on?

Now it's a little tense and stressful as you are wondering all day what kind of bull shit effort the team is going to put forth later on that day.

People are happy with a win where these bafoons gave up 45 shots and only walked away with a win because the goalie saved their ass. Bullshit win for a lacklustre team. Leaf games should be blacked out regionally so we can watch the Marlies who seem to be the only team in Toronto playing hockey.

f*** Babcock and him walking to the changeroom smiling, he should be tarred, feathered and put on the first train out of town. If he's happy with this bullshit, then he's a bigger idiot than I took him for (And I take him for a big f***ing idiot).

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Sports, mainly hockey, is my hobby

Would you call yourself an animated person? Has your sleep quality or quantity changed? Has your appetite changed? Have you found yourself more tired, or the opposite, restless? How's your concentration?

Anhedonia, or the loss of enjoyment for things you once liked, can be a sign of depression. Depression can manifest itself in different ways, not always how you'd think. Some people don't even feel "sad," but still respond to treatment.

For me, personally, I have expectations for the team now. I don't just want to see them win, I want to see them win a certain way, and that's taken some of the emotion out of it for me.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Flailing stick checks, no hard open ice hits, no fights, players not allowed to show passion or be unique individuals on or off the ice, no finishing checks, expensive players go through the motions and take nights off because they never get sat in the pressbox, new rules and video reviews that insult your intelligence, "elite zone entries" and other ridiculous stats used as major points of discussion, boring boring boring. Don't we watch to be entertained? American lawyers and marketers have morphed the product into an impersonal gimmicky video game - slick but dull.

So you, sir, are normal.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
you should have another

because if your one makes you feel bad, then well it's not going to be fun

it's putting all your eggs in one passion and it can burn you out

these days my two... hockey and video games don't bring as much enjoyment as i'd hope... so i'm thinking of getting into something like dungeons and dragons games at a local pub or something just so i can roleplay and have some fun with some peeps
I should. Video games were a big thing for me but I dont think ive picked up a controller for weeks. I hope you find fun in something you enjoy

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
:eek:
Cause watching this team has become hard work instead of a joyful evening of hockey.

Remember when game days were exciting and you were excited all day waiting for the game to come on?

Now it's a little tense and stressful as you are wondering all day what kind of bull **** effort the team is going to put forth later on that day.

People are happy with a win where these bafoons gave up 45 shots and only walked away with a win because the goalie saved their ass. Bull**** win for a lacklustre team. Leaf games should be blacked out regionally so we can watch the Marlies who seem to be the only team in Toronto playing hockey.

**** Babcock and him walking to the changeroom smiling, he should be tarred, feathered and put on the first train out of town. If he's happy with this bull****, then he's a bigger idiot than I took him for (And I take him for a big ****ing idiot).
:eek:Ok this is a little much. I still like watching this team and I always will. I hope this is somewhat a satire post

Reactions: Stamkos4life

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Flailing stick checks, no hard open ice hits, no fights, players not allowed to show passion or be unique individuals on or off the ice, no finishing checks, expensive players go through the motions and take nights off because they never get sat in the pressbox, new rules and video reviews that insult your intelligence, "elite zone entries" and other ridiculous stats used as major points of discussion, boring boring boring. Don't we watch to be entertained? American lawyers and marketers have morphed the product into an impersonal gimmicky video game - slick but dull.

So you, sir, are normal.

This is a heck of a post.. especially the “elite zone entries” part :laugh:

Reactions: Stamkos4life

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

I got like that, then I became annoying and that made me smile more. Also a drunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad