I Still Say Deal Gets Done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I know Bettman is "cancelling" the season as I type this, however I still don't believe that the season is done.

This is simply just another ploy from the League/owners side......they are just showing the NHLPA that they are serious.....the NHLPA will contact Gary and his bum buddies following the NHLPA press conference this afternoon.

They will have a deal done by Thursday night.

Just a hunch, but i still think it's do-able.

Unbiased Canadian

Perry91502

Dec 23, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
I know Bettman is "cancelling" the season as I type this, however I still don't believe that the season is done.

This is simply just another ploy from the League/owners side......they are just showing the NHLPA that they are serious.....the NHLPA will contact Gary and his bum buddies following the NHLPA press conference this afternoon.

Unbiased Canadian

not meaning to sound rude....youre out of your mind my friend...

Im sorry, but the season is over :cry:

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:

Unbiased Canadian

haha :lol:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
EdBelfour20 said:
4:00 PM press conference by the NHLPA, what do you think they will be saying ? :lol:

Probably something along the lines of:

-24% rollback will never again be offered by the NHLPA
-Acceptance of a cap is now off the table
-Gary Bettman is the antichrist. We have proof.

Seriously, I feel like puking right now.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:

Unbiased Canadian

Yah I can't help but feel this is kind of wishful thinking on your part unfortunately. :cry:

King Nothing*

They will probably let us know that Bob Goodenow is getting the oil changed in is caddy.

EdBelfour20 said:
4:00 PM press conference by the NHLPA, what do you think they will be saying ? :lol:

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Was it just me or did Gary say he would be willing to embarass himself by having another press conference announcing a deal has been done......I'm just saying....I think he's full of it.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
The latest offer is now off the table, linkage is back on. We ARE playing NHL hockey in 2005/2006... Players have officially ****ed themselves over, BIG TIME.

Get ready for a much smaller cap that is linked, boys! :lol :lol

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Scugs said:
The latest offer is now off the table, linkage is back on. We ARE playing NHL hockey in 2005/2006... Players have officially ****ed themselves over, BIG TIME.

This is the worst part too. Mckenzie went into it....we are basically EXACTLY back to the point at which this whole process started now. Just great.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Scugs said:

thats so true, the players are screwing themselves big time.

Game_Misconduct

Oct 13, 2004
Wait a minute,

The players gave the owners what they wanted and the owners said, "no thanks."

Clearly, the owners NEVER intended to bargain in good faith and had the sole goal of breaking the union and starting over with replacement players and union guys willing to cross the picket lines next year.

The players are screwed, but the owners did the screwing.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Scugs said:

$26-34 million on the top end?

$42.5 million vs $26-34 million :dunno: :help: :shakehead

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Game_Misconduct said:
Wait a minute,

Clearly, the owners NEVER intended to bargain in good faith and had the sole goal of breaking the union and starting over with replacement players and union guys willing to cross the picket lines next year.

How can you say that? The NHLPA offered a cap. Too high, and would have accomplished very little, if anything.

If the NHLPA offered a cap of $80 million would you be saying the same thing? No, because it was about numbers. And the NHLPA's were too high for the owners too afford.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Unbiased Canadian said:

Unbiased Canadian
nope - bettman backpeddling - forget about it -

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
Game_Misconduct said:
Wait a minute,

what?

PA offered $52 M cap..

why not 100M while we at it.

It is only a tactic for the legal benefits of the near future if the court steps in (they probably will).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I totally agree with the last statement. The players conceded and the owners were to stubborn. What a joke, I hope the fans stay united and let them know who is paying theyre salaries.

Member 23807

As I mentioned yesterday in the myriad of posts, the league owners were serious about $42.5 being their final offer. The NHLPA gambled and lost, again. Not only did they only come back with a $49M proposal which is still too high, it also included a 10% lee-way to exceed the $49M cap.

I'm glad they cancelled the season though. They need to get a new CBA in place and re-launch the NHL next season with some new rule changes etc....

PJStyles

Istvan

Nov 17, 2003
SoCal
Visit site
Scugs said:

Smaller cap and possibly fewer teams.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
bert said:
I totally agree with the last statement. The players conceded and the owners were to stubborn. What a joke, I hope the fans stay united and let them know who is paying theyre salaries.

Did nobody see the index year for the increase in CAP?!?!? Based on 2005-2006 season! Hello?

Also, didnt the season get 'cancelled' in 1994 only to be revived 1 day later...

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
Maybe the PA will offer 45M at 4:00 PM , a last ditch outreach to the NHL

It would be an excellent move for public opinion, putting the pressure back onto the NHL

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
EdBelfour20 said:
Maybe the PA will offer 45M at 4:00 PM , a last ditch outreach to the NHL

It would be an excellent move for public opinion, putting the pressure back onto the NHL

I was just going to post that. I know Bettman cancelled the season, but if i'm a player or Goodenow i'd be offering 45m by 3:45. If I were Goodenow or the players i'd just take the 42.5 as it will shrink to 30-35 next year WITH LINKAGE..... they have 2 hours left to save themselves.

Its 90% not going to happen, but I would do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad