I Still Say Deal Gets Done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
ResidentAlien said:
You make some good points, and miss it on a few too IMO.
I don't think you can say it's just a league. In many ways the NHL is hockey, at the very least it is the best league in the world, that can't be argued. As far as Gretzky and Lemieux got, yes they are ownership guys but they were 99 & 66 originally.
Players who love the game, players who make the game, the game that created the NHL.

I appreciate your comments. As for the ones I missed on, dont get me wrong, i LOVE, and LIVE for, the NHL. I am a huge fan. I dont doubt for one second the NHL is by FAR the best league in the world, and has the best hockey players in the world. BUT, when people say "hockey is dead" because the NHL cancelled a season, thats ridiculous. Hockey is alive and well, go to any rink in Canada. And Saturday nights? Go watch a midget game, see the REAL love of the game, real passion for it. Too many players have lost that passion and now only play for the money. Thats been my experience, and I dont mean just watching on tv or reading it in the papers. Thats not to mean many of them arent amazing ambassadors for the game and truly good people.

please dont misunderstand, Im not a negative guy, and Im not here to flogg the players or my appreciation of them. But the fact is, you cant look at it without noting that the owners also had a part in what may happen tommorow. And Gretzky and Lemieux? newsguyone may be right that they will get a lot more credit than they deserve for this one, but I dont know about that, one way or another. To me, they will always be players too, hard to see Gretzky and Mario without sticks.

I for one will be very glad to see Mario on the ice again. In a 28game season, he could be quite something.

ResidentAlien*

WhalerBoy said:
I appreciate your comments. As for the ones I missed on, dont get me wrong, i LOVE, and LIVE for, the NHL. I am a huge fan. I dont doubt for one second the NHL is by FAR the best league in the world, and has the best hockey players in the world. BUT, when people say "hockey is dead" because the NHL cancelled a season, thats ridiculous. Hockey is alive and well, go to any rink in Canada. And Saturday nights? Go watch a midget game, see the REAL love of the game, real passion for it. Too many players have lost that passion and now only play for the money. Thats been my experience, and I dont mean just watching on tv or reading it in the papers. Thats not to mean many of them arent amazing ambassadors for the game and truly good people.

please dont misunderstand, Im not a negative guy, and Im not here to flogg the players or my appreciation of them. But the fact is, you cant look at it without noting that the owners also had a part in what may happen tommorow. And Gretzky and Lemieux? newsguyone may be right that they will get a lot more credit than they deserve for this one, but I dont know about that, one way or another. To me, they will always be players too, hard to see Gretzky and Mario without sticks.

I for one will be very glad to see Mario on the ice again. In a 28game season, he could be quite something.

Thanks for the response, and I appreciate what you say.
I havent seen a midget hockey game in awhile, but I get what your saying. The thing is the dream of one day getting into the NHL is what drives those kids, it's not money, it's the jersey for them.
So in many ways i would still think somehow at least a very big part of hockey would in fact be dead if it was void of the NHL.

You're right, I think there maybe a lot of people pullin for 66 to have a nice 28 game run that we can remember! As well as a few others that may not have had the chance...im rambling, I may start to weep if I go on,, :D

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
ResidentAlien said:
Thanks for the response, and I appreciate what you say.
I havent seen a midget hockey game in awhile, but I get what your saying. The thing is the dream of one day getting into the NHL is what drives those kids, it's not money, it's the jersey for them. So in many ways i would still think somehow at least a very big part of hockey would in fact be dead if it was void of the NHL.

You're right, I think there maybe a lot of people pullin for 66 to have a nice 28 game run that we can remember! As well as a few others that may not have had the chance...im rambling, I may start to weep if I go on,, :D

:) . I feel better if this season happens that guys like Yzerman and Francis dont have to walk away because of a lockout. (though Im not certain Francis will play)

and you have an interesting point about No-NHL affecting midget. Hadnt looked at it like that. But I still think the games are what drives players at that age, not future games. Hell, I still love to play, but the only jersey I will put on is my old Hawks Roenick #27!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->