Post-Game Talk: I really wanted to beat these arseholes. But we lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I have been generally dismissive of the frantic haters in the past.
Jim made a good decision in bringing in OEL and Garland.
I expected things to be much better, and predicted the Canucks would be in the top ten.
You hater geniuses out there may be able to explain the current situation. I cannot.
So, I am pretty comfortable stating that we should not be trading players to fix the situation ( with the possible exception of Miller, who clearly has more street value than team value, IMHO).
I am now going to make a pretty big leap and suggest that both Benning and Green should go. And it doesn't take much brains to decide that Benning should go first and the new GM should decide on the coaching solution.
Signed, a very patient Canuck die-hard.

Here's a thought. Maybe the "frantic haters" actually aren't frantic haters after all. Maybe we, unlike you, understood that bringing in Garland and OEL was not in fact a good decision because it continues sacrificing the future for a present the team doesn't bloody have. I recall your thread on how the Canucks were going to be a top ten team, and off the top of my head, the glaring hole in your analysis was when you said the Canucks would be a lot better in transition because the dmen could all make forward passes better...but you glossed over anything that happened between the time the opposing team brought the puck over the blueline and when the Canucks dmen would be making those passes. Remember how certain people were telling you losing Edler and Schmidt wasn't made up for by Poolman and OEL? Yeah.

There's something from this hater genius to help explain the current situation.

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
That doesn't mean they are NHL quality. Benning would be great as head Scout. Green will be backing the NHL after more time in the AHL. Unless the Aquamen Slumlords do nothing of course.
Stop perpetuating this complete bullshit. There's no evidence he's some great scout.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Stop perpetuating this complete bullshit. There's no evidence he's some great scout.

Its crazy how narratives grow legs and run like they do. People are sheep. This is partly why the "but Gillis" thing is such a comedic comment.

To the simple minded, Benning being a better drafter than Gillis = Benning is a great drafter. No, it doesn't mean that. It means he was better than the last guy we had who sucked at it, but even that was only because the guy was focused on winning Stanley cups and winning president's trophies at the time so who gives a shit anyways.

Instead of comparing the drafting against the other 30 teams/GM's like a normal person would, they compare GM's from one franchise and then slap a "great" on one and a "bad" on the other and for some reason push the narrative in a general setting.

Also we were told that Benning bleeds and sweats at the draft. "He loves prospects" so people ate it up like some North Korean propaganda parade and they've convinced themselves he's a draft god without any actual proof.

Reactions: megatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad